RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Competition Soaring-F5J/ALES/e-Soaring
        Contest 2012 LSF/AMA ALES Championship

#1 R.M. Gellart Jul 16, 2012 05:06 PM

2012 LSF/AMA ALES Championship

Well, I figured I would start this for all to add. I am really looking forward to flying the event as a very new experience vs. traditional TD at Muncie. It is about my favorite places in the world to fly at cause it is a non discrimatory flying sight cause I have seen it eat everybodies lunch at least once, even Joe Wurts. No tree lines, no hills, the landing circles will be fast (like supersonic as dry as it is), and Texas Roadhouse Fillets. The other thing for me is that as of Monday, the 6th of August, 2012, I will officially not be of any official standing with the Soaring Nats. I look so farward to not being anything, but a competitor flying ALES, I cannot wait!

Look forward to meeting some folks that I have read about and known through RCG and the old friends that are watching me having to relearn soaring with a complete different mindset and priorities to be exploited. See ya there!

Marc

#2 John Lueke Jul 16, 2012 05:36 PM

Marc

I will be there with an assortment of planes from Radian to Smooth Genie Pro. Since I haven't seen the names of the people registered for the event, maybe everyone who has signed up could post here, so that we know who is flying.

John Lueke

#3 R.M. Gellart Jul 16, 2012 05:39 PM

Last I checked John, there is 20 entered. I am flying an E-Supra and E-Tragi 801.

Marc

#4 jiafret Jul 17, 2012 08:44 AM

I will fly the Supra and a Super AVA as usual. In 1/2A I will use the Electron.

I will be the CD for "B" so "Lil Smurf" can fly.

Jackl

#5 Ed Franz Jul 18, 2012 06:54 PM

I am there with a new 93" Oracle.

Ed

#6 Ed Franz Jul 18, 2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiafret (Post 22187440)
I will fly the Supra and a Super AVA as usual. In 1/2A I will use the Electron.

I will be the CD for "B" so "Lil Smurf" can fly.

Jackl

Lil Smurf? :D

#7 John Lueke Jul 18, 2012 07:27 PM

I am watching to see if a certain new "contender's" name shows up on the list. He's been pretty outspoken in his views of ALES(and every other soaring topic!) and it is time for him to "step up to the plate"

#8 R.M. Gellart Jul 19, 2012 05:25 AM

John, the one that I was thinking along that line is not even coming ot the Nats...

Marc

#9 IBWALT Jul 19, 2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVSS Boss (Post 22205260)
John, the one that I was thinking along that line is not even coming ot the Nats...

Marc

Marc, I'm going to need some appearance money if you want me to make it to the Nats. :D

#10 R.M. Gellart Jul 19, 2012 02:06 PM

Walt, you must be buddies with Tiger I am guessing, you know, that Dubai thing. But just to make it good, I am good for a few bucks and a rollaway at the HIE. And just think, you will be even smarter for staying there!

Marc

#11 Ed Franz Jul 19, 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVSS Boss (Post 22208937)
Walt, you must be buddies with Tiger I am guessing, you know, that Dubai thing. But just to make it good, I am good for a few bucks and a rollaway at the HIE. And just think, you will be even smarter for staying there!

Marc

I'll throw in a few bucks to be able fly with Walt again! :D

Ed

#12 IBWALT Jul 20, 2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Franz (Post 22211817)
I'll throw in a few bucks to be able fly with Walt again! :D

Ed

Ed, your going to have to wait until the Polecat comes around again next year. My parole officer only lets me travel out of the state once a year. :eek:

#13 R.M. Gellart Jul 20, 2012 10:13 AM

Well be that way Walt, heck, at least Tiger takes the bait. Hopefully next year I will be in Carlisle.

Marc

#14 IBWALT Jul 20, 2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVSS Boss (Post 22216487)
Well be that way Walt, heck, at least Tiger takes the bait. Hopefully next year I will be in Carlisle.

Marc

I'll be looking forward to it Marc.

#15 aeajr Jul 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Wanted to fly ALES, but with F3J between Unlimited and ALES I could not afford the time. Maybe next year. Would have been fun beating you high end e-glider guys with a Radian that is full of tape and glue. :D