RC Groups

RC Groups
    Flying Wings
        Discussion Micro Swift

#1 Camelboy Jul 13, 2012 10:57 AM

Micro Swift
 
Anybody flying the Micro Swift? What electronics you using? Motor?

#2 3D RC Jul 13, 2012 02:47 PM

do u mean mini swift? if so i use a hacker A-10,,,,,, 10amp esc...... 2 7.5 gram servos and a 340 mah batt

#3 Camelboy Jul 14, 2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3D RC (Post 22155049)
do u mean mini swift? if so i use a hacker A-10,,,,,, 10amp esc...... 2 7.5 gram servos and a 340 mah batt



No, it's actually smaller than the Mini-Swift, @ 16in wingspan,
just got it today, take a look at Comman Sense RC's site.

#4 ConEx Jul 15, 2012 03:52 AM

Manufacturer Link
 
Hello,

Here is the original manufacturers link:

MS Composit micro swift

Main features:
Wingspan: 400mm
Flight Weight: 150g
Motor: 30W/ 2000KV
Recommended Accu: 2S LiPol 300-400mAh
ESC: min. 6A /BEC
Unfortunately there's no prop suggestion.

#5 bluemeane Jul 25, 2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camelboy (Post 22163946)
No, it's actually smaller than the Mini-Swift, @ 16in wingspan,
just got it today, take a look at Comman Sense RC's site.

Got any pictures of it? Of info on the build? Hows it fly??

#6 Camelboy Jul 26, 2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemeane (Post 22264771)
Got any pictures of it? Of info on the build? Hows it fly??


Just started it, I have this motor for it, with Gws 5x3 prop.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607032

#7 kenstogie Jul 26, 2012 09:15 AM

Wow looks almost like a turnigy Bonsai or probably vice versa LOL.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ONSAI-SUB1.jpg

http://www.newheading.com/img/prod/VA-MS-26000.02.jpg

Not sure if it's the same exact but here's what I use...

BUT BEWARE SOME ARE CONCERNED IT MAY PULL TO MANY AMPS AND FRY THE ESC

I haven't had that problem though and you could put a bigger esc on there too.


I have used 3 different power systems on the bonsai and this one so far is the best...... Speed, power, fairly light....

it works GREAT. 12A plush, 5 x 43 and a ORange 410rx, 460 3s nanotech, ADH300S Brushless Outrunner 2400kv, a heaviier battery like a 600 3s or even an 800 3s it can handle or you can add a penny or 3 to the front.
It goes straight up at half throttle. IT's kinda fast so if you don't like speed pratice some throttle control.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._BEC_BESC.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11882
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034

#8 memnuts Jul 26, 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenstogie (Post 22270304)
Wow looks almost like a turnigy Bonsai or probably vice versa LOL.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ONSAI-SUB1.jpg

http://www.newheading.com/img/prod/VA-MS-26000.02.jpg

Not sure if it's the same exact but here's what I use...

BUT BEWARE SOME ARE CONCERNED IT MAY PULL TO MANY AMPS AND FRY THE ESC

I haven't had that problem though and you could put a bigger esc on there too.


I have used 3 different power systems on the bonsai and this one so far is the best...... Speed, power, fairly light....

it works GREAT. 12A plush, 5 x 43 and a ORange 410rx, 460 3s nanotech, ADH300S Brushless Outrunner 2400kv, a heaviier battery like a 600 3s or even an 800 3s it can handle or you can add a penny or 3 to the front.
It goes straight up at half throttle. IT's kinda fast so if you don't like speed pratice some throttle control.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._BEC_BESC.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11882
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034

No they are definitly not the same plane this micro swift is a 600mm span where as the bonsai is 800mm
a rather large difference. I have a feeling the microswift will go like hell with a decent power system that you would use on the bonsai. hhhmmm ;)

#9 kenstogie Jul 26, 2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memnuts (Post 22271383)
No they are definitly not the same plane this micro swift is a 600mm span where as the bonsai is 800mm
a rather large difference. I have a feeling the microswift will go like hell with a decent power system that you would use on the bonsai. hhhmmm ;)

I love little flying wings , hmmmmmm is right :) How much is this thing in USD?

#10 I R Irv Jul 26, 2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenstogie (Post 22273433)
I love little flying wings , hmmmmmm is right :) How much is this thing in USD?

I love little flying wings also but the price isn't something I'm willing to pay. UMX Stryker or S-Bach electrics would be my choice.
TODD
scroll to the bottom http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=116_118

#11 Camelboy Jul 26, 2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I R Irv (Post 22273888)
I love little flying wings also but the price isn't something I'm willing to pay. UMX Stryker or S-Bach electrics would be my choice.
TODD
scroll to the bottom http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=116_118


I'll admit. it is pricey for sure! I already had servos, sp. cntl, batts, & motor,
so it wasn't too bad. But, it's a Swift, and Swifts do fly good, since I already had two
previously, so I just had to have this one!

#12 ConEx Jul 28, 2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memnuts (Post 22271383)
No they are definitly not the same plane this micro swift is a 600mm span where as the bonsai is 800mm
a rather large difference. I have a feeling the microswift will go like hell with a decent power system that you would use on the bonsai. hhhmmm ;)

:rolleyes: Please read the specs
MS Composit Micro swift is 400 mm (15.75 inches for US natives)
Hobbyking Bonsai is 600 mm (23.62 inches)

#13 bluemeane Jul 28, 2012 11:15 PM

So NO ONE has any pictures of a build or the actual product( the ones online are all models as in PC models and not actual physical wings lol)

Didn't you say you got it last week Camel boy?? I have one on the way to my LHS but it won't be in until Thursday :(

#14 Camelboy Jul 29, 2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemeane (Post 22293724)
So NO ONE has any pictures of a build or the actual product( the ones online are all models as in PC models and not actual physical wings lol)

Didn't you say you got it last week Camel boy?? I have one on the way to my LHS but it won't be in until Thursday :(


Yeah, I got it last week. Now I just gotta get my lazy ass working on it!

#15 kenstogie Jul 30, 2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConEx (Post 22287175)
:rolleyes: Please read the specs
MS Composit Micro swift is 400 mm (15.75 inches for US natives)
Hobbyking Bonsai is 600 mm (23.62 inches)

Wow at half the wing span this thing is tiny and think it would be a little rocket with one of the bonsai power systems.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.