RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion One radical Ford Fiesta!

#1 Mark Gund Jul 12, 2012 09:26 AM

One radical Ford Fiesta!
 
And some insane driving by Ken Block!:cool:
DC SHOES: KEN BLOCK'S GYMKHANA FIVE: ULTIMATE URBAN PLAYGROUND; SAN FRANCISCO (9 min 52 sec)

#2 BE77 Pilot Jul 12, 2012 09:33 AM

You have to wonder how many of those he wrecks making his videos? Really cool stuff! :)

#3 Real Ira Jul 12, 2012 09:38 AM

Hummm, I don't think that car is factory stock. :D

Amazing bit of driving.
Getting the streets closed for that must have been spendy and a one time shot. Lots of pressure to get it right.

#4 Mark Gund Jul 12, 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot (Post 22143552)
You have to wonder how many of those he wrecks making his videos? Really cool stuff! :)

I imagine he has destroyed his fair share of Go-Pros as well.:D You can see one bouncing along the ground at 3:37 in the vid.:eek:

#5 UlteriorModem Jul 12, 2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Ira (Post 22143587)
Hummm, I don't think that car is factory stock. :D

Amazing bit of driving.
Getting the streets closed for that must have been spendy and a one time shot. Lots of pressure to get it right.

650 HP... nah dont think its stock :p

#6 seanpcola Jul 12, 2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UlteriorModem (Post 22144582)
650 HP... nah dont think its stock :p

It really doesn't take much to get that kind of power from some of these compacts. Only thing that needs to be done is replace the stock exhaust system with one of those Vuvuzula horns.






At least all of the teenagers around here swear it does......................



:D

#7 UlteriorModem Jul 12, 2012 12:22 PM

Someone needs to explain to them that noise does not necessarly equate with horsepower ;)

#8 seanpcola Jul 12, 2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UlteriorModem (Post 22144939)
Someone needs to explain to them that noise does not necessarly equate with horsepower ;)

Awwww, come on UM, let them have their fun. It's also more entertaining to see them get shut down by my wife in her stock Xterra. :D

#9 Marten Jul 12, 2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Ira (Post 22143587)
Hummm, I don't think that car is factory stock. :D

Amazing bit of driving.
Getting the streets closed for that must have been spendy and a one time shot. Lots of pressure to get it right.

I can't imagine it was shot in one take. Look at all the tire marks on the road.

#10 Mr. Wiz Jul 12, 2012 03:57 PM

I wonder how many sets of tires he goes through in the course of making one of those videos.

#11 Mr. Wiz Jul 12, 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marten (Post 22145752)
I can't imagine it was shot in one take. Look at all the tire marks on the road.

Clearly it took several tries on some of that. I could see all the black marks on the pavement in all of the shots. Did you see where the GoPro camera departed the back of the car on that jump?

#12 Neil Morse Jul 12, 2012 05:07 PM

Move over, Steve McQueen. :)

I don't think they even intended to give the impression that it was shot in a single take. Just the different locations make it obvious that it was shot over several days. I read that it was shot over a four day period, and the fee to the City of San Francisco was a cool $1M!

Neil

#13 56S Jul 12, 2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanpcola (Post 22144923)
It really doesn't take much to get that kind of power from some of these compacts. Only thing that needs to be done is replace the stock exhaust system with one of those Vuvuzula horns.






At least all of the teenagers around here swear it does......................



:D

Thanks Pal. You ever see a mixture of chewed pretzels and milk on an Ipad after going through your nose? :eek: I owe you big time:D

#14 seanpcola Jul 12, 2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56S (Post 22148616)
Thanks Pal. You ever see a mixture of chewed pretzels and milk on an Ipad after going through your nose? :eek: I owe you big time:D

You know it's true. :D

Of course I'm man enough (or old fart enough) to admit that my buds and myself had particularly obnoxious vehicles growing up...................however..............there is a difference between the sound of a cammed up, headered up big block and a rice rocket with a soup can muffler.

Kind of like the difference between a 985 and and Rotax. Just ain't the same thing. :cool:

#15 FL Knifemaker Jul 12, 2012 08:25 PM

I like the parts where he's going downhill and sliding through the turns. Hes good!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.