RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Electronics
        Help! How to Add LED Lights to DJI X450 Quadcopter with Naza FC + GPS + Camera Gimbal

#1 flywmoi Jul 10, 2012 08:52 PM

How to Add LED Lights to DJI X450 Quadcopter with Naza FC + GPS + Camera Gimbal

Can anyone tell me how to wire up some LED lights on my DJI 450 quadcopter with Naza FC + Naza GPS + Camera Gimbal for GoPro....

I have done this a lot with rc planes, but I usually run a JST wire off the planes ESC connected inline with a (GWS ICS-50 Li ESC for Li-Poly Packs
GWS ICS-50 Li Electronic Speed Controller with JR/Universal Connector) connected to the lights and into the Futaba R617FS RX so I can move a switch on my radio to turn on the lights...

If I just wire the lights to the DJI Plate to the + / - then the lights will come on anytime I plug in the battery...? Right?

Sorry for being naive, I am new to quadcopters, but would love to know how to do this.

Pictures would be AWESOME!!!

Thank you

#2 SDSURFnGLIDE Jul 13, 2012 01:34 PM

You can wire them directly to the PDB or what I have done on previous builds is use a JST and then you can find a connector that goes in between the battery and the power lead that has an auxillary JST...so you can just plug it in anytime you want...

#3 askman Jul 13, 2012 09:46 PM

I am running mine right off the DJI plate. 4S , but my LED strip works fine on 4S.

#4 Hammbone Aug 05, 2012 03:22 PM

What LED strip do you have that works fine on 4S?

Thanks, Jim