RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Gallery My most recent projects with the FMS 1700 mm Warbirds

#1 brandonmoon Jul 04, 2012 08:54 PM

My most recent projects with the FMS 1700 mm Warbirds
 
53 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my most recent projects and conversions I did with some of the 1700 mm FMS War Birds

#2 Vern1960 Jul 09, 2012 04:43 PM

Warbirds...
 
Brandon... Great job on your warbirds.. I have the P-51 coming soon and would really like to know how you weathered the exhaust ports.. That is a cool affect..Thanks and keep up the good work...

#3 Buzz Bomb Jul 09, 2012 05:35 PM

Most excellent! Thanks for sharing.

#4 totor44 Jul 10, 2012 04:45 AM

very pretty work, can you given us details on your manufacturing and Update of your P-47 D ?
I love it !!!!
And where do you buy this kit ?
Many thanks and good continuation for sharing your works

#5 totor44 Jul 10, 2012 04:46 AM

very pretty work, can you given us details on your manufacturing and Update of your P-47 D ?
I love it !!!!
And where do you buy this kit ?
Many thanks and good continuation for sharing your works

#6 brandonmoon Jul 10, 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totor44 (Post 22122761)
very pretty work, can you given us details on your manufacturing and Update of your P-47 D ?
I love it !!!!
And where do you buy this kit ?
Many thanks and good continuation for sharing your works

This is a FMS 1700 mm P-47 I bought from Bananahobbies.com and modified it to be a "B" version "Razor Back" I also repainted it up and made most of the decals my self to be a different scheme along with a few other enhancements like a working bomb drop, added the scratch built bazooka rocket launchers, and custom made pilot figure

#7 totor44 Jul 12, 2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

This is a FMS 1700 mm P-47 I bought from Bananahobbies.com and modified it to be a "B" version "Razor Back" I also repainted it up and made most of the decals my self to be a different scheme along with a few other enhancements like a working bomb drop, added the scratch built bazooka rocket launchers, and custom made pilot figure
Can you tell me how make you to make the checkerwork on the nose of the plane?
Where are you found the very beautiful decals? can you divide them?

For the back part of the canopy, how are you to proceed to make the transformation? :confused:

I will buy it in version kit alone. Can you advise me for the electronic part?:o

#8 brandonmoon Jul 12, 2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totor44 (Post 22142529)
Can you tell me how make you to make the checkerwork on the nose of the plane?
Where are you found the very beautiful decals? can you divide them?

For the back part of the canopy, how are you to proceed to make the transformation? :confused:

I will buy it in version kit alone. Can you advise me for the electronic part?:o

The checker board pattern on the nose I custom painted my self and the decals I made my self custom with water slide paper.
The Razor back part of the fuselage I used depron foam and balsa wood and custom made and used the canopy from a top-flite conversion kit

the electronis parts are all stock from FMS except for the retracts I used E-flite 60-120 90 degree retracts.

#9 totor44 Jul 12, 2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonmoon (Post 22142644)
The checker board pattern on the nose I custom painted my self and the decals I made my self custom with water slide paper.
The Razor back part of the fuselage I used depron foam and balsa wood and custom made and used the canopy from a top-flite conversion kit

the electronis parts are all stock from FMS except for the retracts I used E-flite 60-120 90 degree retracts.

Can you tell me where you buy the water slide paper ?
Many thanks

#10 brandonmoon Jul 12, 2012 05:22 PM

I got the water slide paper from MicroMark.com

#11 totor44 Jul 13, 2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonmoon (Post 22147372)
I got the water slide paper from MicroMark.com

Perfect, thank you Brandon :)

Just a last question,
Can you say how you mades the missile launcher?
and the fixed ones you on the wings?
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8...6717dtails.jpg

Thank you, Thank you, :):)

#12 brandonmoon Jul 13, 2012 03:17 AM

8 Attachment(s)
I made them from Model rocket tubes, masking tape, and balsa wood for part of the frame. They are attached to the wing with the same clips that the stock ordnance comes with on the stock setup...I had a spare left over set of them when I changed out the pylons on the mustang and used the HK bomb drop.

#13 totor44 Jul 13, 2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonmoon (Post 22150894)
I made them from Model rocket tubes, masking tape, and balsa wood for part of the frame. They are attached to the wing with the same clips that the stock ordnance comes with on the stock setup...I had a spare left over set of them when I changed out the pylons on the mustang and used the HK bomb drop.

Many thanks Brandon
I do it now !! :)

#14 totor44 Jul 16, 2012 09:51 AM

Hy Brandon !

Can you say to me where have you to find your pile of P51et P47?
Thanks

#15 brandonmoon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totor44 (Post 22177947)
Hy Brandon !

Can you say to me where have you to find your pile of P51et P47?
Thanks

Not what you are asking here? "pile"?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.