RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Warbirds
        Question BlitzRC Mini pocket rocket AT-6 from BH

#1 Colbyntx Jun 27, 2012 02:20 PM

BlitzRC Mini pocket rocket AT-6 from BH

Does anybody fly one of these and how do they do at low speed? I really couldn't find much info here about them. I have always liked the look of the AT-6 but don't have one. I also have been eyeballing the mini pocket rocket T-28. Also, what type of battery connector comes on the ESC? Most of my batteries are e-flites from BNF's.

#2 ElIntocable Jun 27, 2012 02:36 PM

All the info could you want plus more!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371681

The canopy on the AT6 is ugly; only a mother could love it.

#3 Colbyntx Jun 27, 2012 03:05 PM

Yes, but the real AT6 has an ugly canopy also! I have other P51's and T-28's but no AT6. Went through a bunch of pages and everybody is talking about the T28 and BF109. I like yellow because it is easy for me to see. Surley somebody has it and will be along shortly.

#4 herk1 Jun 27, 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colbyntx (Post 22013146)
Yes, but the real AT6 has an ugly canopy also! I have other P51's and T-28's but no AT6. Went through a bunch of pages and everybody is talking about the T28 and BF109. I like yellow because it is easy for me to see. Surley somebody has it and will be along shortly.

Don't call me 'Surley.' ;)

If it matters to you, some of these models that originally came out with that ugly opaque painted-foam canopy have a nice clear-plastic canopy in the newer HK version. It was/is the ugly opaque painted black canopy "glass" that was the real problem with the original T-6 funfighter model that I think kept a lot of people away from it (including me).

#5 Colbyntx Jun 27, 2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herk1 (Post 22013793)
Don't call me 'Surley.' ;)

If it matters to you, some of these models that originally came out with that ugly opaque painted-foam canopy have a nice clear-plastic canopy in the newer HK version. It was/is the ugly opaque painted black canopy "glass" that was the real problem with the original T-6 funfighter model that I think kept a lot of people away from it (including me).

Your right, it is ugly painted but the ugly one is $49.90 at BH and the nicer canopy is like $92.00 at HK. I don't think it looks $40.00 better and wizzing by at 70MPH, who is gonna notice? I was just wondering how it flew and if you could also fly slowly also?

#6 herk1 Jun 28, 2012 06:05 AM

The funfighters I have -- Corsair and Rare Bear -- do NOT slow down well...even when relatively light with the stock 3S battery (instead of souped up with a heavier 4S). I tried flying in a smaller park and it was not fun...keeping it slow made it unstable and unpredictable. So I just fly them at my club.

#7 ElIntocable Jun 28, 2012 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I own the P-51 and it too does not like to slow down. It's a Banana Hobby purchase that went smoothly AND that I'm happy with! :D

Attachment 4971455

#8 Colbyntx Jul 04, 2012 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, so my AT-6 came in from BH and I got the 850mAh battery with it and the battery and the ESC has the smallest connectors and I have no way to charge it! What size are these tiny connectors so I can find something or make it to plug into my Venom charger? There is a male & female on the battery and ESC. The ones i'm holding down are from the battery and the ofhers are my normal leads from my Venom charger for size reference.

#9 herk1 Jul 07, 2012 08:31 AM

Yes, these J-power planes come with those 2mm bullet connectors...so the first thing to do when you get one of the funfighters (or mini-jets) is replace those things with whatever battery/ESC connector you normally use (I use deans). And of course, when doing the battery, be extremely careful to start/finish/shrink-wrap one pole at a time to preclude a shorting accident.