RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Sailplanes
        Discussion NESail.com is finally gone

#1 gquiring Jun 22, 2012 11:51 AM

NESail.com is finally gone

After many months of taking orders that go nowhere the domain finally expired and Sal's site is gone. I always found it really rude that Sal didn't have the common sense to take his site down after he closed his doors. Newbies must have done countless orders on his site waiting for arrival.

It's a a shame too, Sal had some nice stuff. I bought my first two sailplanes from North East.

#2 Andy W Jun 22, 2012 10:46 PM

I was warned to stay away when I first got into this hobby. He obviously had many customers to stay in business as long as he did, but the number of complaints was astounding for such a 'popular' vendor..
..a

#3 John O'Sullivan Jun 23, 2012 12:12 PM

Too bad!!!!
Sal could be a difficult and controversial individual to deal with, but for many years he provided a very valuable service to the sailplane flier. I had my share of good service from him.
I'm sorry to see Northeast end his way but still wish Sal all the best for the future,

#4 Martini Jun 24, 2012 03:00 AM

Yep, had some good times in the past with NES. Sad to see the slow demise. We need all the vendors we can get as sailplane folk...

RIP if this is it... Sorry for those that may have had to endure an unending excuse for delivery, etc, etc.

martini

#5 pecor Jun 25, 2012 04:38 AM

Wonder what happen to all the stock?

#6 bayou_city_boy Nov 15, 2012 11:25 PM

Not a wonder he closed. He sold me a brushless motor that didn't work and wanted to charge me to repair it.

I have a RoTex 20/5/18 that he charged me over $80 for that needs to be rewound because the main power leads popped of before I ever got to put it on an airplane.

I tried to solder them back but there just isn't enough copper wire for me to get a good solder joint on.

Anyone know how to repair or rewind one???

#7 Flyextreme Nov 16, 2012 01:07 AM

I had great experience in the beginning (about 10-12 years ago). Then watched the business slowly turn to :censored:

How can anyone not have the common decency to stop taking orders/money.....for years!!!!!!!

I would love to hear the "real" story behind what happened.

#8 Bob Cook Nov 16, 2012 08:03 PM

I was one of the lucky one's I guess. I got eveything I ever ordered from him. My second glider was an EZ 400 G. I really learned how to fly on that plane. I still have it in a modified form. It's a real floater.

Bob in Seattle