RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Talk
        Discussion Help filling in the blanks on my build, mostly battery and charger related

#1 dedfish Jun 20, 2012 09:30 PM

Help filling in the blanks on my build, mostly battery and charger related

So I'm about to venture into the land of quads and purchase a Naza 450 kit + GPS. I already have a DX6i that I would like to use. I need to buy a receiver so I'm asking for a recommendation on that. Also, I've decided to go with a 12V42A converted power supply from feathermerchantrc for my power supply but I still haven't decided/figured out what charger and batteries to use. I'd like to be to carry my GoPro on my 450.

Any help would be much appreciated. Links to actual products get bonus points.

So to sum it up (because my post was so long and hard to understand to begin with. ;)) For my Naza 450 ...
What receiver to pair with my DX6i?
What charger to pair with a 12V42A PS? I'd like to be able to charge multiple batteries at a time.
And what batteries?

#2 dedfish Jun 21, 2012 01:01 PM

Help? Pretty please with jimmies on top.

#3 chaosdestro0 Jun 21, 2012 01:15 PM

I don't know about the receiver but all you are looking for in a charger is the ability to deliver the current needed for the batteries. You can charge at lower currents but it will take longer with big batteries.
You need to use a calculator to decide on the battery size, then just get a charger that can support high currents, if you are using two 5000mAh batteries then you really want a 10A charger at the minimum. More batteries you add, the more current you need.