RC Groups

RC Groups
    The Builders Workshop
        Discussion Show us your workshop

#1 bazman Jun 07, 2012 10:17 AM

Show us your workshop
 
Since I'm a curious fellow (and a workshop nerd), I'd love to see photos of everyone's work area, especially how it's laid out and what tools and equipment are in it. Doesn't matter how big or small. Let's see 'em! :popcorn:

#2 planeman Jun 07, 2012 12:13 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Well, since you asked . . . The individual photos were taken while I was preparing the shop for some old chemistry lab floor and wall cabinets that were taken from a local high school chemistry lab. The school was being closed down. The shop was in disarray at this point. The photo montage (.PDF file) is a more recent set of photos that were taken after the shop was re-arranged and cleaned up. Also, the table saw is different. I now have an Austrian manufactured 12" table saw with a ball bearing sliding table. Not shown is a new MIG welder.

Planeman

#3 bazman Jun 07, 2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planeman (Post 21830140)
Well, since you asked . . .

Planeman

Excellent workshop. I love seeing a lifetime's worth of collected tools.

#4 dedStik Jun 07, 2012 02:13 PM

My shop consists of a fold-able table in the dining room with a piece of MDF on top. I have a few xactos a utility knife, a sharpener, a few items for hole and circle cutting, and template material. That's about it, nothing fancy.

#5 mjcmyers Jun 07, 2012 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I won't be building any giant scale planes on it but that old scaffold and 36" interior door taking up space in the garage does make one heck of a nice bench for making foamies...
Not shown are the other two folding tables full of supplies on the opposite walls.

#6 bazman Jun 07, 2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjcmyers (Post 21832219)
I won't be building any giant scale planes on it but that old scaffold and 36" interior door taking up space in the garage does make one heck of a nice bench for making foamies...
Not shown are the other two folding tables full of supplies on the opposite walls.

The top of my workbench is also made out of a door. Salvaged it from all the remodeling I've done to the house. Works great.

#7 bazman Jun 07, 2012 05:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My garage houses most of the major tools and work surfaces, but I have a separate room in the house set aside for the soldering/wiring/intricate bits. Works out really well.

#8 FlyDave Jun 07, 2012 06:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my recent workshop makeup.

How it was before :

Attachment 4921051

total mess !

And how it is after : :D

Attachment 4921052

Plastic cabinets are from Keter , the wood parts (bench and shelves) are home-made by me.

#9 bazman Jun 07, 2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyDave (Post 21833632)
This is my recent workshop makeup.

How it was before :

Attachment 4921051

total mess !

And how it is after : :D

Attachment 4921052

Plastic cabinets are from Keter , the wood parts (bench and shelves) are home-made by me.

Those hanging bins on the first pic look pretty handy. What did you replace them with?

#10 FlyDave Jun 08, 2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazman (Post 21835863)
Those hanging bins on the first pic look pretty handy. What did you replace them with?

I plan to place a pegboard under the plastic wall mounted cabinets, i'm working on it.

#11 crowe04 Jun 08, 2012 06:05 AM

This link will give you one or two to look at!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823744

#12 bazman Jun 08, 2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowe04 (Post 21837376)
This link will give you one or two to look at!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823744

That's a great post. I figured there had to be another one out there somewhere. Love seeing the level of obsession people go with their workshops. I'd love to see a CNC machine in mine.

#13 GeoVent Sep 02, 2012 05:35 PM

Carlstadt Airworks
 
6 Attachment(s)
You asked for it ......

#14 Curare Sep 02, 2012 08:44 PM

That's a cute little workshop GeoVent.

Hehehe, I'd kill for that amount of space!

#15 caymin last Sep 04, 2012 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe it's called "organised chaos" LOL! I swear, it was all cleaned up just last week.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.