RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Discussion Norman!

#1 lmopar69 Jun 04, 2012 09:23 PM

Norman!

5 Attachment(s)
Well, here is Norman! He's about 50" span, all EPP, with only elevator, rudder, throttle. I put a bomb drop door on it and we drop black and white easter eggs with streamers from him. We call them "Cow balls".

Everyone who flys Norman falls in love. I need to cut about a dozen more of them. Just hard to find the time.

Enjoy!

Laine.

#2 tobermei Jun 05, 2012 08:37 PM

Nice looking plane! A sort of funky Norman!

#3 IFLYOS Jun 06, 2012 11:44 AM

Norman RULES!!! I love it, Laine.

Per our chat Monday night, I think I have worked out the details of "Operation Audible Terror." Construction of the prototype begins tonight...:D

#4 UBILDIT Jun 06, 2012 01:12 PM

Norman?

From the front view... I think you should call him "Thomas the Cow Plane" that way you could get into the Thomas the tank engine market.. and this would just be one of "Thomas's little friends"..... since he has a bomb drop.. Thomas could say...
"Say hello to my little friend"... get it? ha ha haaaaaa.... Boom!
Video of Norman the cow plane would be nice when you get a chance...

Bo

P.S. I like it ...

#5 lmopar69 Jun 06, 2012 08:38 PM

Tim, that is awesome news! Looking forward to it man.

Bo, I'll get some video next time Norman flies. Everyone loves a Norman!

Laine.

#6 reg3 Jun 06, 2012 10:17 PM

I would love a set of parts for a Norman.

Ed

#7 lmopar69 Jun 07, 2012 05:35 PM

Yeah, one day I plan to cut a few more of them on the CNC. They are too cool not to. I suppose if enough people wanted one it might motivate me a bit more. ;)

Laine.

#8 IFLYOS Jun 07, 2012 08:53 PM

Do I really have to state the obvious, Laine?

BTW, Whats the power system?

#9 lmopar69 Jun 08, 2012 05:58 AM

LOL, no, I suppose you dont need to Tim.

As for the power system, heck man, I dont remember. ;) Its some cheapy motor I had laying around that I won somewhere with a Castle Thunderbird 18 behind it.

IIRC its a 900kv outrunner with a 10x4.7 on a 3S 1800. Not "overpowered" by any stretch. Just enough to fly good.

Laine.

#10 UBILDIT Jun 08, 2012 10:57 AM

Yes

IFLYOS, state the obvious for me please... I totally missed... I know it's Lmopar's blog and everything... so it's only really important that he understand ... but... state the obvious... please...

Bo

#11 IFLYOS Jun 08, 2012 11:23 AM

"The obvious" was in reply to Laine saying that if a few more people express interest, he would cut some more Normans. Laine and I had a chat on the phone Monday night about Norman, and I was merely reminding him of my interest, in an attempt to motivate him to cut a few.

Either that, or it was code for "I got an idea, hold my beer" :D

#12 lmopar69 Jun 08, 2012 07:38 PM

I thought it meant both of those Tim.

#13 UBILDIT Jun 09, 2012 12:47 PM

What's Wrong

Dude!... What's wrong with you... get motivated and cut out a few kits... so the obvious does'nt have to be stated like that so often.... Stating the obvious is = to saying "Lord Voldemort" rather than "he who shall not be named".

Come on!..

#14 lmopar69 Jun 09, 2012 01:05 PM

Im in the shop today cutting planes on the CNC. However, I have not cut any Normans yet. I can cut Normans wing and tail on the CNC, but the fuse sides have to be hand cut. I'll need to make a template for him.

Today I am getting some Little Cuda's cut. The Little Cuda is my 24" Forward Swept combat plane.

Laine.

#15 Crash One Jun 18, 2012 08:52 AM

Put me in line when you get the assembly line running!