RC Groups

RC Groups
    CAD/CAM
        Discussion Printrbot Software Help!

#1 mlmcquiggjr May 29, 2012 07:23 PM

Printrbot Software Help!

So I finally got my Printrbot machine and load in the control software, Pronterface. I load up the recommended new parameters and try to save them in a config file, but they don't "take". Any one got any ideas? There is a Forum dedicated to the Printrbot called Printrbot Talk, but after registering, I never receive the obligatory email activation (yes- I checked the spam folder)

#2 Madbob9 May 30, 2012 04:24 PM

Pronterface is your printer interface.Use a program like Slic3r to load your STL file to generate the G code.Then load pronterface with that g code and print.

#3 mlmcquiggjr May 30, 2012 11:17 PM

That's not much help-

My version of Pronterface has been integrated with Slic3r, you load up an stl and a gcode is generated all in Prontrface. My problem is still the config file doesn't get saved after I change necessary parameters.

#4 Madbob9 May 31, 2012 12:47 AM

What is the firmware your board is using?Sprinter or merlin.Are you compiling before upload?

#5 mlmcquiggjr Jun 04, 2012 12:08 PM

I found something that works!

In forum hopping I stumbled upon this link for the latest Pronterface download: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~kliment/printrun/
I put it in a directory directly in my C: drive. Un zipped the files and all seems fine.

#6 mc71 Nov 05, 2012 08:06 PM

I've got a printrbot +, I've had alot more success using cura to do the slicing than slic3r. I found slic3r was not filling in the thin parts of a profile and the parts were very weak. Cura is based on skeinforge but just a heck of alot more easy to use.

Follow the instructions to install the latest development version, I haven't found any bugs in it and it has all the new features to control heatbeds etc.

I also use pronterface separely for the machine control. The integrated pronterface console in Cura is pretty lacking.

Matt