RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamy EDFs
        Build Log FSW EDF 50mm

#1 blueman May 20, 2012 10:29 AM

FSW EDF 50mm

6 Attachment(s)
Hello all, I think it's been about 7 years since I've been here on rc groups. Been busy and kinda fell out of the hobby. So this is what I am building to get back into the air. A custom eye-balled FSW with a Dons RC Wemotec/5400kv/30 amp esc/ 3cell -800mahx 2ea in parallel. Should burn a whole in the sky, I hope. A little dodgy on how to figure out the CG though, any input would be greatly appreciated, anything to help me from burying this in the dirt in 5 seconds.

#2 ApexAero May 20, 2012 02:13 PM

Blue man I can calculate your CG for you if you tell me the wing span, root, and tip measurements. Also accurate sweep measurement on main wing at leading edge. I'll volunteer.

#3 clinth01 May 20, 2012 08:27 PM

Blueman

Try this one. Select the 'Calculate CG' page and just follow your nose - it's pretty straight forward and intuitive.

Download and then rename the file extension fron .txt to .xls before opening (because I can't upload Excel spreadsheets here, but can do text files).

Clint

#4 clinth01 May 20, 2012 08:49 PM

Bugger, the upload program is smarter than I thought, and refused to post the attachment.

I'll zip it up and send it from home tonight.

#5 clinth01 May 20, 2012 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There you go Blueman.

#6 ApexAero May 22, 2012 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
clinth, I couldn't get yours to work. Try this one

#7 blueman May 25, 2012 03:39 AM

Sorry for the late reply, work has me jobbin'!
ApexAero- thanks for volunteering your experience/knowledge! I attached a quick drawing with some dimensions. I am not quite sure how to calculate the sweep angle, I dont even have a protractor or anything! haha. Would you happen to know how to calculate with triangles and all that greek math?

I tried plugging in numbers for your FSW CG calc, but the cg keeps coming out to around - .69-ish. That doesn't make sense to me... :P Maybe i need to take into account the center lifting surface from the front of the fan trailing back to the wing itself?

I havent added elevons yet, will I need to account for those as well in the dimensions?

#8 blueman May 25, 2012 03:46 AM

dimensions

2 Attachment(s)
dimensions here-