RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Question What did you get your wife for Mother's Day?

#1 Bill Henley May 13, 2012 04:29 PM

What did you get your wife for Mother's Day?

What did you get your wife for Mother's day? I told mine I'd take her anywhere she wanted for some shopping. She picked Cabella's. She got some ammo, a new camo baseball cap, a new holster for her Glock 23 and some targets.

God I'm lucky. :D

#2 62pilot May 13, 2012 05:36 PM

I learned along time ago, never buy them things they can harm you with.

My kids got my wife some clothes and a couple of Resturant gift cards. I didn't get her anything, she's not my mother.

#3 Gooroo May 13, 2012 05:45 PM

The kids and I cleaned her minivan that they ride in. Both the kids and I uttered the word "Ewwww!" on numerous occasions during the process.

We also folded a mountain of laundry that had accumulated over the last week.

#4 flyinwalenda May 13, 2012 06:45 PM

Another stupid money making holiday. Treat your Mom nice one day out of the year ? Should be every day you can or not at all.
How about a holiday for Son's day ? Geesh !

#5 Jon Shaw May 13, 2012 07:42 PM

I treated my wife to a day off. I prepared a nice meal for 9 and did all the work, including the dishes. In a few minutes she is going to want a back rub.

#6 Usta Bee May 13, 2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shaw (Post 21604460)
I prepared a nice meal for 9 ....

In a few minutes she is going to want a back rub.

Got any BBQ dry rub left over from dinner ?.

#7 seanpcola May 13, 2012 08:44 PM

Got our bar room painted, window treatments done and cooked dinner. Kids and grand kids all got her cool stuff. She had a good day.

Remember men, Father's Day is coming. Momma knows who's naughty and nice.

:popcorn:

#8 Pipemajor May 13, 2012 10:13 PM

Took her to a garden center yesterday where she picked up a couple of ferns and a hanging impatien. Then I attached a couple of screw hooks in the front of the house and a ornamental bracket in the rear. We resided the house last year with all new soffits/facia so the old brackets/hooks are long gone.

She had to work (retail) today so the 3 of us treated her out to her favorite Mexican restaurant. They gave her a pink rose after dinner.

Called my elderly mother in Oregon and had both grandkids talk to her. She'll be 84 this fall.

#9 Griffin May 13, 2012 11:07 PM

My wife went on a 3 hour road bike ride while took our 3 year old for a river float.

She commented on how glad she was to be riding with a girlfriend on a beautiful day rather than being stuck at some "mothers day" brunch.

For dinner, I cooked of course and we had double chocolate ice cream and strawberries for desert.

#10 Mark Wood May 13, 2012 11:21 PM

A single red rose and a horse. Really.

mw

#11 Bill Henley May 14, 2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Wood (Post 21606215)

mw

Wow.:eek:

#12 G.P. May 14, 2012 02:54 AM

50 Shades of Grey trilogy. I'm hoping I get some of the "benefits". ;)

She also got breakfast in bed and Chinese for supper.

#13 Park_Flyer May 14, 2012 05:02 AM

In chronological order:
  • Fixed the squealing belt on her car (finally).
  • Roses and a greeting card.
  • Breakfast, pancakes and eggs, not in bed.
  • Two hours of horseback riding (mostly her hobby and favorite thing in the world).
  • A Corona with a lime on the front lawn - she never had one (she's not a beer drinker) - "Hey that's good!" (The lawn did not turn into a tropical beach :( )
  • Filet Mignon smothered with mushrooms for dinner.
Oh, and nothing left for her to clean up.

I tried that "She's not my mother" thing - didn't fly :o

#14 Usta Bee May 14, 2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Wood (Post 21606215)

mw

A charlie horse ?.

#15 Mark Wood May 14, 2012 09:38 AM

Naw.
She's been shopping for an equine buddy for months and it just kinda happened yesterday. The timing couldn't have been better though. :)

mw (knows it's time to go shopping for a .223)