Soaring Sunday #1 4/22/12
The season is upon us and if the field is manageable, soaring is on for this Sunday 4/22/12! Just a quick alert to those that follow and if you want to be on the email list for notifications, drop me a line or post here.
Winch setup approx 9:00 am with flying soon after. Check out those batteries, shake off the cobwebs and hope for some good weather. If the reports hold as predicted, we may cancel and head to the lakefront for some slope flying if over 15 mph at the field.
More to follow!
Due to forecast weather, we are cancelling the Soaring Sunday for this Sunday 4/22. Winds are projected to be from the NNE @ 15 mph with gusts greater. With the cooler temperatures (now where is that nice 80 degree weather we had in March?? go figure...) conditions at the field will be marginal for our first meeting. Hopefully May weather is a bit kinder and gentler for us!
But...just because flatland flying is delayed, it doesn't mean we can't get in some slope flying! Conditions look prime for Edgewater so Sunday 4/22 is now, Slope Sunday! Mr Mike has sent out a post with the details about time for those on the slope list.
See you on the slope and on May 20th for another attempt at Soaring Sunday!
PS I should be starting a regular outing for soaring at the club field on Tuesday mornings beginning May 1st. I hope to debut the new winch cart by then which should make field setup much more convenient. Drop me a line if interested in joining me on Tuesdays.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.|