RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Gallery Why the Sovereign is the Best Sailplane Ever

#1 skye8070 Apr 15, 2012 08:32 PM

Why the Sovereign is the Best Sailplane Ever

2 Attachment(s)
I'm either too unfamiliar with the heavy iron (I mean carbon) F3J planes or they just aren't as good as a Sovereign, but whatever the case I just love, love, love flying this plane. Maybe because you can't get them anymore from Mountain Models / Laser Arts but it just is a very special flying plane. Every year at Toledo I ask the guys at the MM/LA booth if they'll consider re-issuing it. Even for double the price I think this one of the best 2 meter planes out there, especially for relaxing flying that most sailplane guys are into. I know it's not a great contest ship, especially without spoilers like mine, but that doesn't stop me from loving it.

#2 JimStanmore Oct 06, 2012 03:25 PM

Do you have a copy of the plans? There's another member looking for them:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1746274

#3 skye8070 Oct 06, 2012 06:23 PM

Generally speaking plans can be sold but because they are copyrighted material I don't believe they should be copied. I'm a little surprised Mountain Models wouldn't sell a new set of plans. That said, this plane's appeal to the builder was that so much of the kit was laser cut and as a result was a fast build. I don't believe it could be built very easily just from the plans, at least not in the same way as a plane designed to scratch built where every rib template is on the plans.