RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Question Help! Help! Help!

#1 boggit Apr 14, 2012 05:59 AM

Help! Help! Help!

I have a Double Horse 9100. A couple of weeks ago the body started spinning in the air, the trim control did nothing. So far, I cannot get to the bottom of the problem!:(

These are the parts I have replaced:

1) Main Motor
2) Tail Motor
3) Battery
4) PCB Board
5) The TX

I'm about ready to bin the damn thing, has ANYBODY got ANY idea what is going wrong? This is costing a fortune....

Don

#2 jombo Apr 14, 2012 07:00 AM

yep , the motors are bad;)

#3 boggit Apr 14, 2012 07:45 AM

What? Both of them?

Just went and tried it again, and found if I throttle up to 1/2 or above it stabilizes....So does that mean it is still one or both of the motors?

Thanks for the heads up!

Don

#4 jombo Apr 14, 2012 09:43 AM

usually when it spins with the main blades its the tail motor , but i never heard the tail motor spinning the heli the opposite way , its just not powerful enough. the other is if the tail motor is going then you will see it spin alot faster on the ground as the pitch of the main blades are too strong for the tail motor to catch up .
it could be anything really with these small 3 channel helis, it could be a pinched wire going to the tail and not getting enough power to it , it could be a bad motor , maybe even a bad solder joint . this is why brushless is so much better

#5 J_skaggs Apr 14, 2012 04:11 PM

Buy a DH9116 and use the DH9100 for parts for the 9116.

#6 boggit Apr 19, 2012 08:22 AM

I have just replaced BOTH the motors (main and tail), and it is EXACTLY the same.

I admit defeat.......The cost of replacing the parts have come to more than just buying another DH9100.

So, a word of warning if you are thinking of buying a Double Horse 9100, if the sucker starts to spin, with the trim having no effect, bin it and buy another one....It's cheaper!

Don

#7 boggit Apr 21, 2012 06:56 AM

I have now purchased another DH9100 brand new, for less than the cost of 2 PCB boards.

Don