RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Discussion Windows-Based Profile/Model Manager for Spektrum Radios

#1 Dodge DeBoulet Apr 11, 2012 02:13 PM

Windows-Based Profile/Model Manager for Spektrum Radios

Just an FYI . . . some active development on a tool for viewing and eventually editing model (.SPM) files is underway by a member over on HeliFreak. He's been getting a lot of suggestions (probably too many), but you might want to take a look at what he's come up with so far.

Here's a link to the thread.

Be gentle :D

#2 A Useless Geek Apr 14, 2012 01:52 PM

I would participate in that thread, but I don't want to sign up for Yet Another Online Discussion Board and receive their never-ending stream of sponsor-based spam just so I can chat about the one issue that interests me. Oh, well.

#3 Dodge DeBoulet Apr 14, 2012 04:59 PM

I haven't received anything I would term as SPAM due to my membership there.

Your loss.

#4 A Useless Geek Apr 15, 2012 03:32 PM

Hmm. How long have you been on that board? And is there a central clearinghouse for this data that doesn't require a chat board membership? A Google repository or a Yahoo code group or a Sourceforge project (my personal favorite)? If such a thing existed I'd be happy to join that. I already have stuff up on Google and Sourceforge.

#5 Dodge DeBoulet Apr 15, 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Useless Geek (Post 21338865)
Hmm. How long have you been on that board? And is there a central clearinghouse for this data that doesn't require a chat board membership? A Google repository or a Yahoo code group or a Sourceforge project (my personal favorite)? If such a thing existed I'd be happy to join that. I already have stuff up on Google and Sourceforge.

4 months.

Look, I've posted a link to the site the author has elected to use to solicit participation. Do your own homework; It's not hard. Join, or not.

#6 A Useless Geek Apr 16, 2012 11:22 AM

Okay, I chased down the project by walking the thread. Unfortunately the project has mutated away from an editor and towards a simple "management" facility, so it doesn't have the functionality I am interested in. Oh, well. Thanks for posting this up anyway.

#7 freechip Apr 16, 2012 11:43 AM

I was linked this last week and check it out, was expecting to see something or was looking to see something and it did not contain what I was looking for.

I wish I was more advance in computer skillz to give a go at it myself but I guess I will just stick with what as work for me since it's release.

Word Pad or Programmer File Editor.

#8 Dodge DeBoulet May 09, 2012 02:42 PM

Just an FYI . . . The SPM utility mentioned above now offers editing capability. It's very much a "use at your own risk" tool, but the author has made significant strides in functionality.