RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Sailplanes
        Discussion Flyzone Calypso

#1 george@dream-flight Apr 09, 2012 03:56 PM

Flyzone Calypso

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...000/index.html

The RTF and TxR versions will be arriving in June.
If you are at SEFF in GA later this month, the Hobbico guys will have some samples to fly and share.
Come check them out!
take care,
George

#2 JimNM Apr 11, 2012 09:34 PM

Get us some video, please!

#3 george@dream-flight Apr 19, 2012 09:29 AM

Here is a short product video.
Hobbico® Flyzone™ Calypso™ EP Glider - Action Shots (1 min 47 sec)

#4 antennahead Apr 29, 2012 10:52 AM

Very nice, When wil the ARF version be ready? also do you have any pics of the wing saddle area of the fuse?

#5 george@dream-flight Apr 30, 2012 04:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello,
The RTF and TxR versions will ship first and are targeted to arrive here in mid June.
The other two versions will be available later in the Summer.

We flew some pre-production versions down in Georgia at SEFF all last week.
The response from everyone was VERY positive.
I have attached some pics from the event and the one of the wing pocket you requested.

take care,
George

#6 Grunta5 Apr 30, 2012 08:19 PM

Hmm.... take away the flaps and... viola... an Easyglider... almost.
Maybe not quite but by golly the similarities are there.

Grant.

#7 george@dream-flight Apr 30, 2012 08:31 PM

Not quite mate. They both do have wings and foam bits though.
Cheers.

#8 antennahead May 02, 2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_rod22x (Post 21480324)
Hello,
The RTF and TxR versions will ship first and are targeted to arrive here in mid June.
The other two versions will be available later in the Summer.

We flew some pre-production versions down in Georgia at SEFF all last week.
The response from everyone was VERY positive.
I have attached some pics from the event and the one of the wing pocket you requested.

take care,
George

Thanks george!! I was hoping to see a solid section of foam inside the wing pocket, however, it won't keep me from purchasing one. I am looking to replace my original Radian, with something with ailerons, and flaps but have no interest in the radian pro. So the Calypso has come along at the right time! And the colors and decals look nice, So I won't have to paint this one!! :)

#9 KRProton May 02, 2012 07:51 AM

Post deleted

#10 sr71blackbird May 02, 2012 10:10 PM

aerocell? I heard that stuff is even weaker than "z-foam" used on radian... Not a good news for thoes crash a lot like me

#11 george@dream-flight May 03, 2012 08:59 AM

That's odd. Other than EPP foam, no other foam material like large beaded EPO (read that- Aerocell or the other branded names used by all the major manufacturers using EPO) looks as good, repairs as easily and takes abuse in a wider base of applications.
I am surprised to read your experience.
I think when you see the model in person you may have a different opinion.
Soft landings,
George

#12 sr71blackbird May 03, 2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_rod22x (Post 21506985)
That's odd. Other than EPP foam, no other foam material like large beaded EPO (read that- Aerocell or the other branded names used by all the major manufacturers using EPO) looks as good, repairs as easily and takes abuse in a wider base of applications.
I am surprised to read your experience.
I think when you see the model in person you may have a different opinion.
Soft landings,
George

yes, I've heard the same thing. but I've also heard people on another forum said different manufacturers use slightly different method and/or material molding EPO which make a big difference in its quality. is that true?

#13 george@dream-flight May 03, 2012 03:38 PM

I can not speak for the other MFGs, but with the thousands and thousands of EPO molded models flying around the world...I think it is safe to say that the material is proven...regardless who is molding airplanes with it.
Hopefully you will get a chance to form your own opinions from experience in the future.
best regards,
George

#14 Lammergier May 11, 2012 01:32 AM

I am going to preorder one. I think they look cool with the sloping nose.

#15 Lammergier May 11, 2012 01:35 AM

I have seen the finish on there corvalis and seems pretty hard and very smooth. Much nicer than the radian foam.