Over 3,000 Maps Locations!
Our Maps page is growing every day! I'm proud to announce that we now have more than 3,000 locations! Here is a list of some of the things you can find on the Maps page:
- Boating Sites
- Car Tracks
- Flying Fields
- Hobby Shops
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!
Did you know when you find a place on our map you can also:
- get directions to that location
- check the weather at that location
- get a link to that location (if provided)
- find other users that are close to that location
- find Google results for that location
All this comes in handy when you are going to out to do your favorite RC activity but it also comes in handy for your club events.
You can link directly to your field using the Maps page:
Here is an example
So the next time you are looking for a place to fly, boat, drive or buy be sure to check our Maps page and if you're having an event be sure to add your location and use it to help others find all the information they need to make it a success!
The Maps Page
This is really cool! I just created 2 more flying sites, 1 more R/C track and 1 more store that was not on there! I wish that I had this before when I was searching for nearby hobby shops and fields to fly on, great tool RC Groups! :D
Very neat! I just checked our site (Tarheel R/C Flyers in Rocky Mount, NC), and we're there! I guess I need to figure out how to add events to it.
Well, I'm pleased to see my club is on there - I added it a while ago but I didn't think it had worked. However, there are some real problems with the map given by the "Direct Link to this place" on Tools:
1) It's zoomed out to show the whole of the UK and a good chunk of the north end of Europe. Our catchment area really isn't that big. If they have to drive more than 20 miles, they'll probably go to a different club. If they have to cross the English Channel, they're not going to be interested at all.
2) If I zoom in, it doesn't take me to the field, it takes me somewhere I've never been, many miles away (looks nice... must go there some time).
3) Some of the more useful Google map controls are missing - I don't see a scale bar, or the icon for getting a link for the map view you're currently seeing, so you can give it to someone else.
I guess this is Google's fault, but is there something we can do about it? I'd like the map link to have our club marker in the middle, and for it to be zoomed to show no more than about 15 miles in each direction.
Here's a fun game - click the link above, then close the pop-up box with the blurb I typed about it, then see if you can actually find the club field, using just the pan and zoom controls on the map.
Hi sorry would really like to add my flying site and model club here how do i go about doing it terry
how about adding places for good soaring spots, maybe divided into sub-categories of good thermal spots, good slope soaring and maybe other types as well?
Great idea Allan. +1 on the request for soaring sites.
I added a site and a store...
Lol, I live right next to Lake Afton. I'm famous now! :D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.|