RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Discussion trouble binding

#1 socommk23 Mar 29, 2012 05:19 AM

trouble binding

last night i used my spare 8000 reciever in my brothers glider.
as there is limited space i decided to unplug the satelite part.

no matter what i done....it would not bind full stop........unless the satelite was plugged in!

why?

my 6 channel reciever in my stryker works fine to over 3500ft without the satelite plugged in.

so why the problems with the 8?

#2 freechip Mar 29, 2012 05:51 AM

Some require the sat to be connected. They are designed that in the event something was to happend to the cable and or sat the main unit would still function but at the same time it will not start unless it see the sat warning you of a problem.

If space is an issue the AR600 is a great choice to use.

#3 Daedalus66 Mar 29, 2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socommk23 (Post 21174734)
lmy 6 channel reciever in my stryker works fine to over 3500ft without the satelite plugged in.

so why the problems with the 8?

It's not a "problem" it's a deliberate design feature to make sure you use the satellite receiver. Without it, you lose signal diversity and the receiver becomes more prone to signal loss due to blocking. This is not primarily an issue of absolute range but of reliability, so your experience of long range operation without the satellite doesn't change things.

The reason Spektrum does this is obvious and sensible. The AR8000 is their flagship receiver and must be as reliable as possible for use in all types of models. Operating it without the satellite would reduce it to the level of a "park flyer" receiver and lead to improper use and failures that tarnish its reputation.

If you want a compact "full range" receiver, use the AR600, as Freechip says. It achieves the necessary diversity through use of two well separated antennas.

#4 richard hanson Mar 29, 2012 07:32 AM

How come---
as the state of the art in technical devices increases as a squared function--
The problems in using them increases by a cubed function.
I jes cain't figger it out .

#5 socommk23 Mar 29, 2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard hanson (Post 21175205)
How come---
as the state of the art in technical devices increases as a squared function--
The problems in using them increases by a cubed function.
I jes cain't figger it out .

what he said!

cheers guys.