RC Groups

RC Groups
    3D Flying
        Help! Grayson Hobby Sukhoi CG question

#1 Pyrofan Mar 24, 2012 07:32 PM

Grayson Hobby Sukhoi CG question

Ok so I have the grayson hobby sukhoi http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...hoi-p-535.html and am having CG issues. It weighs 11oz and the motor I'm using ( http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail ) can produce 14 oz of thrust with a 8x4.3. So here is my question(s) 1) how much weight can I add and still hover the plane 2) The CG is 2.5in back. Mine is like 3in back with a 1 1/2oz counter weight. Is that ok. For 3D flight should It be tall heavy or nose heavy. Thanks!

#2 furballll Mar 24, 2012 08:01 PM

a neutral cg is what most want for the best performance. instead of adding weight though might i suggest putting spacers on your motor mount and moving it further out, and also have you put everything you can to the front?

#3 Pyrofan Mar 24, 2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furballll (Post 21131616)
a neutral cg is what most want for the best performance. instead of adding weight though might i suggest putting spacers on your motor mount and moving it further out, and also have you put everything you can to the front?

Yea, except the 2 servos that run the elevator and rudder

#4 Pyrofan Mar 25, 2012 08:10 AM

should i weight it

#5 Pyrofan Mar 25, 2012 12:05 PM

What size lipo should I use

#6 furballll Mar 25, 2012 06:34 PM

i guess i assumed to much, i thought you had all that figured out already. forget weighing it for now, what type of flying do you want to do with it? indoor or outdoor? use on calm days or windy days? what motor do you have on it? speed control?

personally from what i see on their website the set up i would run is.

park 400 on 3s500mah running a 15amp speed controller all 9 gram servoes (for outside use)

park 380 on 3s300mah running 12 amp sc and 5g servo on the ail and 9 on the rudder and elevator.

#7 Pyrofan Mar 25, 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furballll (Post 21140025)
i guess i assumed to much, i thought you had all that figured out already. forget weighing it for now, what type of flying do you want to do with it? indoor or outdoor? use on calm days or windy days? what motor do you have on it? speed control?

personally from what i see on their website the set up i would run is.

park 400 on 3s500mah running a 15amp speed controller all 9 gram servoes (for outside use)

park 380 on 3s300mah running 12 amp sc and 5g servo on the ail and 9 on the rudder and elevator.

Ok, so I took it outside and flew it a bit. I was running 1300kv motor, 8x4.3 prop, 40amp esc( it balanced it and was all I had), and a 500mah 3s lipo. It flew alright, I didnt have much room so it was hard, but tomorrow I'll fly at our field and see how it really handles. It seemed a little un-stable, by that I mean it was tipping side to side. My fingers dont shake so I dont know what was going on.