RC Groups

RC Groups
    Trader Talk
        Careful! Third Party Contact & No Deal on First Contact!

#1 PittSpecial Mar 19, 2012 04:15 PM

Third Party Contact & No Deal on First Contact!
 
Good day everyone!

I had a rather wired experienced today as I "had" a World Models P-40 Warhawk for sale within the FUEL AIRPLANE section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605194

and someone by the name of Bill contacted me asking for my number. Well, instead of Bill calling me, I get a "Brian" calling me saying that Bill was his father who gave him my number.

We talked for about 4 minutes and he told me some long story that he was in town for two days and that he could meet me at so and so place etc...etc...etc......then, I asked well, the ad says $165 are you okay with this? He then, began to tell me another long story that he needed to check with his wife and that his wife was already upset that the trip was costing a lot of money and that he needed to check with her. We ended the telephone conversation WITHOUT making a DEAL!;)

Someone else contacts me and offers me what I was asking and plus gave me additional monies to cover Gasoline to meet this person at a certain location locally in Central Florida with the model.

I was quick to say to send a TEXT message to the first person who I talked on the telephone that the Model WAS SOLD.

This seemed to upset the first person? He felt that there "is" some kind of professional Courtesy to allow the first person to be able to rekindle some sort of deal? WHAT, I SAID?

Never heard of this?

If you don't make a deal on the first telephone conversation, I say ALL BETS are OFF and with the understanding that the model can and will be SOLD at anytime.

What you all say?;)

#2 Garrett1234567 Mar 19, 2012 04:34 PM

I agree, unless he asked for you to hold it till he got permission to spend money, but it doesn't sound like he asked that.
Money talks and bs walks. First to pay gets it.
Garrett

#3 PittSpecial Mar 19, 2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett1234567 (Post 21081398)
I agree, unless he asked for you to hold it till he got permission to spend money, but it doesn't sound like he asked that.
Money talks and bs walks. First to pay gets it.
Garrett

Garrett,

You are totally correct!

Brian did NOT offer me anything, in FACT he was wishy washy telling me this stuff about asking his "Wife" therefore, NO there was not deal of any kind except to say that he was going to call me later with his "Wife" results.

I just could not risk and losing a deal, especially what I was asking plus a generous Gasoline $$$ for delivery.

Carlos:)

#4 D W Mar 19, 2012 04:52 PM

Sounds like you need to explain his behavior to his " wife". She'll straighten his behind out...

#5 Dad_Roman Mar 19, 2012 04:58 PM

Absurd.....:D


Let me translate into "man-glish" for you....


W-I-F-E = "NO!!!":D




Like the others said above. My Daddy called it "CIF" (cash in fist!)

#6 PittSpecial Mar 19, 2012 05:11 PM

Guys,

Thanks for your posts replies!

On to the next deal.:D

#7 porcia83 Mar 19, 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Roman (Post 21081624)
Absurd.....:D


Let me translate into "man-glish" for you....


W-I-F-E = "NO!!!":D




Like the others said above. My Daddy called it "CIF" (cash in fist!)


SO true. He needs to get a set and do what the rest of us do (hide the planes all over the place).

#8 Garrett1234567 Mar 19, 2012 07:04 PM

I tell mine I traded for it ;) half the time there is so much in the hobby cave she never notices a new piece.
Garrett

#9 porcia83 Mar 19, 2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett1234567 (Post 21082714)
I tell mine I traded for it ;) half the time there is so much in the hobby cave she never notices a new piece.
Garrett

To funny...if my wife added up how many times I got a plane for a trade of electronics, she would think I was Apple or Sony.

#10 Pilot in MO Mar 19, 2012 07:28 PM

I say "Money talks and BS walks.....SHOW ME THE MONEY :D:D:D

#11 socalheliparts Mar 21, 2012 07:38 AM

lmfao
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by porcia83 (Post 21082692)
SO true. He needs to get a set and do what the rest of us do (hide the planes all over the place).

my wife thinks everything i buy is an amazing deal at 20 bucks lol my last purchase was a trex super combo 3gx witch was a steal at ? yup you guesed it 20 bucks lmao if she ever found out what i was paying for this there would def be hell to pay and i would def loose the man card lol:D

#12 socalheliparts Mar 21, 2012 07:41 AM

wifey
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PittSpecial (Post 21081207)
Good day everyone!

I had a rather wired experienced today as I "had" a World Models P-40 Warhawk for sale within the FUEL AIRPLANE section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605194

and someone by the name of Bill contacted me asking for my number. Well, instead of Bill calling me, I get a "Brian" calling me saying that Bill was his father who gave him my number.

We talked for about 4 minutes and he told me some long story that he was in town for two days and that he could meet me at so and so place etc...etc...etc......then, I asked well, the ad says $165 are you okay with this? He then, began to tell me another long story that he needed to check with his wife and that his wife was already upset that the trip was costing a lot of money and that he needed to check with her. We ended the telephone conversation WITHOUT making a DEAL!;)

Someone else contacts me and offers me what I was asking and plus gave me additional monies to cover Gasoline to meet this person at a certain location locally in Central Florida with the model.

I was quick to say to send a TEXT message to the first person who I talked on the telephone that the Model WAS SOLD.

This seemed to upset the first person? He felt that there "is" some kind of professional Courtesy to allow the first person to be able to rekindle some sort of deal? WHAT, I SAID?

Never heard of this?

If you don't make a deal on the first telephone conversation, I say ALL BETS are OFF and with the understanding that the model can and will be SOLD at anytime.

What you all say?;)

maybe he should have had his wife call and make the deal


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.