RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hand Launch
        Contest 2012 Utah Open - POSTPONED to June 2nd - TS Qualifier

#1 jfinch Mar 19, 2012 12:17 PM

2012 Utah Open - POSTPONED to June 2nd - TS Qualifier

PThe date has been changed to JUNE 2nd

Announcing the first ever UTAH OPEN F3K Contest

This will be an AMA sanctioned single day event and USA F3K Team Selection Qualifier. This event will also count towards UtahDLG monthly scoring.

Your hosts: UtahDLG
Date: June 2nd, 2012
Place: Vineyard Sod Farm (directions here)
Format: 6-8 rounds of F3K tasks without a flyoff
Cost: $5

There will not be a porta-potty on site. Bottled water will be provided, but no lunch. Winner of the contest will get to keep the Utah Open trophy for at least a year until the next Utah Open.

This will be a great event for both beginner and advanced flyers alike. The winner of this contest will be "King of Utah" for at least a year! You don't want to miss the opportunity to be part of that!!! BTW, you do not need to be a resident of Utah to be crowned, so even if you're out of state come fly with us.

Pilot List

Jon Finch
Mike Maurer
Jon Le Mon
Adrian Dubwad
Brandon Willis
Russ Young
Jeremy Stott
Mark Despain
Dave Runyon

Task List

1. 5x2
2. Ladder
3. Last 2 Flights
4. Last 3 Flights
5. 1234
6. 3 of 6
7. AULD
8. Last Flight
9. 3x3:20

#2 like.2.fly Mar 19, 2012 12:26 PM

WooHoo! I'm first (well, second) on the list!

#3 isoarthenland Mar 19, 2012 12:28 PM

Me.

#4 JONBOYLEMON Mar 19, 2012 12:49 PM

Yo, me.

#5 isoarthenland Mar 19, 2012 01:29 PM

Is the pilot list in order of finish place?

#6 J_Arner Mar 19, 2012 01:34 PM

Let's hope not Russ. Sign me up Finchy.

#7 J_Arner Mar 24, 2012 03:31 PM

I may have a conflict on this contest. There is an opportunity to put on an R/C flight demo at an airshow up at Hill. It would be good to do a little DLG demo there. The Falcon guys have asked for some reps from the clubs around to help out and they supply free family passes into the show.

#8 like.2.fly Mar 24, 2012 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, in the past that HILL AFB airshow has been HUGE! With the Thunderbirds and lots of big name performers. What an opportunity to put DLG in front of tens of thousands of people at at once. Do you think there's really a chance of us being able to do that Jim? If so then I would vote to change the Utah Open contest date to May 19th, or June 2nd instead. Heck, we could maybe even have a small booth to show some planes, have a video playing, talk to people and hand out info...

#9 jfinch Mar 24, 2012 05:17 PM

A demo at the airshow would be pretty cool! Do you think AMA will care if we change the date?

#10 J_Arner Mar 24, 2012 05:43 PM

Mike, I believe it's a good possibility. I'm trying to get more details. I'll definitely keep you all updated.

#11 JONBOYLEMON Mar 24, 2012 06:03 PM

My 2 cents, and thats about all its worth, is that DLG at an airshow would not get us recruits. Might be wrong, be we did combat Demos @ Wendover and nothing came of it. I suspect flippin at the Alpine Park would yield more recruits.

2 cents, you got what you paid for.

#12 like.2.fly Mar 24, 2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfinch (Post 21130384)
A demo at the airshow would be pretty cool! Do you think AMA will care if we change the date?

I doubt they would care. They only really want the date to check for conflicts between other sanctioned events in the same geographic area. As long as we notified them of the date change in advance then I'm sure it would be fine.

The airshow would be fun to do, even if it didn't bring any new recruits. I can see why combat wouldn't, but DLG might be different :p.

#13 J_Arner Apr 04, 2012 07:57 PM

I should have more info shortly on the air show, but I would only be able to get 1 or 2 other guys. The brief conversation I had with the Falcon RC president, sounds like he would like club representatives from the three major local clubs, so you'd be honorary SDM members.

#14 flyingj Apr 05, 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON (Post 21130702)
My 2 cents, and thats about all its worth, is that DLG at an airshow would not get us recruits. Might be wrong, be we did combat Demos @ Wendover and nothing came of it. I suspect flippin at the Alpine Park would yield more recruits.

It's hard to see what's going on as well. So many people. I don't think people paid much attention to the 1/2 scale RC stuff. Things go unseen there unless they are big or loud or both.

#15 chewbaccah Apr 05, 2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON (Post 21130702)

Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your two cents in? Someone's making a penny. I gotta get into that business....;)