RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Competition Soaring-F5J/ALES/e-Soaring
        Discussion Ales glider types *what are you flying*

#1 bsovermars Mar 16, 2012 01:07 PM

Ales glider types *what are you flying*

Our club is going to start ales gliding and most have radia or radian pro gliders i just got a hk fox 2.32 m glider and was wondering if any one has used this glider and will it work for ales soaring and what types of gliders people are using out thier.
Thanks ben

#2 knormang Mar 16, 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsovermars (Post 21052621)
Our club is going to start ales gliding and most have radia or radian pro gliders i just got a hk fox 2.32 m glider and was wondering if any one has used this glider and will it work for ales soaring and what types of gliders people are using out thier.
Thanks ben

I like to build my own models , so I fly 'woodies' as we call balsa built models. I am flying an Olympia model built from a Skybench kit. I also have an ARF Vista glider 2m span from Tower Hobbies. Anything goes in ALES, and everybody stands a chance of doing well.Don't get the idea that becuase Radian foamies are mentioned so often on here that that is the best. It is a very good floater and reasonably priced, but keep an open mind. Ken.

#3 JimNM Mar 16, 2012 02:33 PM

Here is a small collection of responses to a similar thread... It dropped back to page two so you may have over looked it ;)

#4 MrE Mar 16, 2012 02:48 PM

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1599981

#5 JimNM Mar 16, 2012 02:51 PM

Forgot to post the Li.k, thanks for follow up!