RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Talk
        Rant "new to multirotor" thread wiped out!

#1 Tres Wright Mar 13, 2012 03:01 PM

"new to multirotor" thread wiped out!

Check out the "new to multirotor? start here, multicopter 101" sticky thread, apparently n3m1s1s got mad and deleted all the content out of the thread and then closed it. Apparently he was angry because of infractions he received over his posts in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611375

Now "on a vacation" shows under his profile, which means he was banned. Unfortunately he wasn't banned fast enough to prevent him from wiping out a lot of valuable info. I don't suppose anyone copied the info from the above thread before it got wiped and can recreate it? It was a great reference.

#2 wooden Mar 13, 2012 03:08 PM

Real mature... I have bits and pieces of it saved but nowhere near the entire thing.

#3 machina Mar 13, 2012 03:10 PM

I supposed being banned while the person that was saying things like 'get a job' and 'immigrants aren't welcome here' would be enough to make someone sour. One post, labeled 'personal attack' in the thread, was nemesis saying 'I'm just waiting on another great post from him :D'.

And yet 'get a job, immigrants aren't welcome' gets a infraction which will be taken away assuming he edits it.

#4 zerosight Mar 13, 2012 03:11 PM

I wassn't that impressed from his skills. So let's start a new and well updated 101 thread.

#5 FullmoonCat Mar 13, 2012 03:17 PM

Well that sucks! Not only because he wiped all that info, but because I thought he was a pretty helpful forum member with good info to share. He got an infraction for the post right after mine, I certainly hope he didn't think I was being serious. :(

#6 SGsoar Mar 13, 2012 03:32 PM

n3m1s1s always seemed like a nice guy to me. I didn't see any of this drama mentioned above.

although.. the other day he did kind of tell me to go fudge myself when I asked for a link to the military quad video he was talking about :p jk n3m!

#7 teslahed Mar 13, 2012 03:36 PM

The information is still available on his personal website;

http://n3m1s1s.webs.com/multirotor101.htm

I also didn't catch any of the politics but whatever happened rcgroups is poorer without him.

#8 Tres Wright Mar 13, 2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machina (Post 21023751)
I supposed being banned while the person that was saying things like 'get a job' and 'immigrants aren't welcome here' would be enough to make someone sour.

He clearly did not get banned for the infractions in that thread because if he had then he wouldn't have been around to delete posts. What probably happened was he got a few infractions and he got mad and went about deleting every single post he had authored and closing all threads he started. The mods probably saw him doing that and banned him for that rather than the infractions.

#9 teslahed Mar 13, 2012 04:00 PM

I guess when people don't feel welcomed by a community anymore, rightly or wrongly, they remove themselves and their contributions from that community.

I don't blaim him for being pissed off.

Is it actually an infraction to delete content you created? Annoying for some, definitely, but shouldn't any rcgroups member be allowed to remove anything they've posted?

#10 Fubar 123 Mar 13, 2012 04:02 PM

Thanks n3m1s1s for your advice and links to infomation , saved me hours of looking through threads.

#11 Doblao Mar 13, 2012 04:05 PM

So definitely N3m1s1s is banned from the site or just he left?

Saludos,
Jose

scousethief Mar 13, 2012 04:07 PM

This post is temporarily hidden while scousethief edits it.

#13 TEDious Mar 13, 2012 04:07 PM

Damn.... I may have responded a little "short" on that thread, but never expected it to turn into that mess...... Sry to hear N3m1s1s got banned, even if some of his methods were "unusual" I always thought it was better to see than people that plan and never, ever actually do something......

Oh well.... Ya know what they say about arguing on the internets...

#14 kinderkram Mar 13, 2012 04:17 PM

I wonder why Mr. sNstRflyEr4G3 wasn't sent on a vacation - he started that fight with very rude attacks - for nothing. :mad:

But deleting the important 101 is somewhat childish. Nana-Na-Nana! :p

nems must have had a veeery bad day - not being wise enough to just press the "report" button and wait what happens.

Instead he chose to fuel the fire... :rolleyes:

#15 CheckSum Mar 13, 2012 04:18 PM

n3m1s1s,
It was good having you around. I'll "tip one back" for you tonight.
Cheers and good luck