RC Groups

RC Groups
    Chit Chat
        Discussion boat project, need to modify a rc system to make it push and pull...

#1 bambino Mar 10, 2012 01:40 AM

boat project, need to modify a rc system to make it push and pull...

Hello!

I have this Micro Ultrix bi-plane bi-motor (Hobbico)

Now it is all broken but the radio system works fine.

Unfortunately, this toy rc system is not capable of reversing the spin direction of the propellers.

I mean, If I PUSH the throttle, stick, propellers run counterclockwise. If I PULL the stick, propellers still run counterclockwise... It makes sense for an airplane, but I want to make a small boat to play around

Is there any way I can modify this toy rc system to make propellers run clockwise when I pull the throttle stick??

If so, it would be fun to make a small boat that can go forward and backwards...

Thanks all!!!

#2 Park_aviator Mar 12, 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambino (Post 20991401)
Hello!

I have this Micro Ultrix bi-plane bi-motor (Hobbico)

Now it is all broken but the radio system works fine.

Unfortunately, this toy rc system is not capable of reversing the spin direction of the propellers.

I mean, If I PUSH the throttle, stick, propellers run counterclockwise. If I PULL the stick, propellers still run counterclockwise... It makes sense for an airplane, but I want to make a small boat to play around

Is there any way I can modify this toy rc system to make propellers run clockwise when I pull the throttle stick??

If so, it would be fun to make a small boat that can go forward and backwards...

Thanks all!!!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think that you can reverse a motor like that...

#3 Gringostr Apr 18, 2012 10:08 AM

Sorry, but this is not possible. what you would need is a V-Pitch prop. rather than reversing the motor, it reverses the pitch of the prop. here is one of the best ones: http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-29a.html

#4 ramicaza Apr 30, 2012 05:22 AM

Well, there's no easy way to do it but it could possibly be done :D
If the plane has an extra channel as some rc toys do. (Ones using a common ic) Then you could actuate two double pole double throw relays to reverse the motors when a button is pushed on the transmitter. However most rc planes use more exotic ic's more suited to their exact use to eliminate weight.