RC Groups

RC Groups
    Nurflügel
        Discussion Q&A thread

#1 Jon Snow Mar 06, 2012 02:56 AM

Q&A thread

Thought I would start this to accommodate one off questions that can be asked here rather than going off topic in existing threads.
My query -has anybody had dealings with www.nurfluegel-modelltechnik-de ?They have some nice looking kits,wondered if anyone had built any of them.
Stuart

#2 hastf1b Mar 06, 2012 03:11 AM

This link works better: http://www.nurfluegel-modelltechnik.de/ :)

Heinz

#3 Jon Snow Mar 06, 2012 06:50 AM

Thanks Heinz,I just took the link as printed on the site.
Stuart

#4 Knoll53 Mar 06, 2012 10:08 AM

I have not built any of their stuff, but from the looks of these guys, they couldn't be too far off of the mark.

Kent

#5 biber Mar 06, 2012 01:40 PM

I don't have first hand experience with the kits, but in Germany it seems there are lots of happy customers.
I've seen flight reports and build threads and it looked all well made and properly designed.

Raimund Sonst, the guy behind http://www.nurfluegel-modelltechnik.de/ does arrange the annual Nurflugel Meeting in Germany that draws enthusiasts from all over the country.
So he is well known to the german Nurflugel community.

biber

#6 Jon Snow Mar 06, 2012 02:42 PM

Thanks Biber,that's just what I wanted to hear.
Regards Stuart

#7 Tijgerhaai Mar 06, 2012 04:57 PM

Hi Stuart,

I built and flew an Orion 7 frm Raimund. The quality is fine, the bird was flying good. It was my first Horten. I was glad with this plane and learnt a lott how to built this kind of planes. This experience was the reason to develop my own method to build wings.

Regards

Lothar

#8 Jon Snow Mar 06, 2012 05:19 PM

Now that is a top class recommendation!Thanks Lothar,I may well try the Orion myself.
Regards,Stuart.

#9 Jon Snow Mar 08, 2012 02:48 PM

I have decided on,and purchased a kit from Raimund.I've gone for his 1.2m HoVII,for a variety of reasons,not least the price,which includes jigs,canopy and nacelles and instructions.
At this size it should provide me with an"entry level"introduction to building a Horten type wing.I also have a lot of the hardware to hand ie retracts,suitable motors and servos.It will also serve as a future test bed for designing and trial of the multi wheel fixed u/c with clam shell doors of a 4 edf HoXVIII.
I'll start a build thread in a couple of weeks or so,in the meantime any comments or suggestions would be welcome.
Stuart

#10 quaxi Mar 11, 2012 03:55 PM

Hi Stuart,

I started the Hortens with Raimunds Colibri10, quality and flying the Colibri10 was good.

best regards Wolfgang

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/e89288c6...-und-Drittflug

#11 Jon Snow Mar 11, 2012 04:47 PM

Thanks Quaxi.Once I get this one built the plan plan is to build a 'true' Horten wing,which one I'm not yet sure.There are some excellent European plans/kits,not to mention the superb design and build work going on here.
Regards,Stuart

#12 Knoll53 Mar 11, 2012 05:14 PM

Stuart,

I hope you really take to building and flying a Horten and "leap frog" all of us and build a Horten IV at 1/4 scale next. That's 5m of flying fun.

After a day of aero-towing my modest 2.84 m Horten Xc, I'm here to tell you that that is too small for aero-tow and thermal flying. That plane simply disappeared several times.

Looking forward to your build log.

Kent

#13 Jon Snow Mar 12, 2012 07:41 AM

5m! That sounds scary-the absolute longest structure I can accommodate is 2m! if it's ok I'll leave the big stuff to guys who know what they are doing.
As to disappearing wings it shouldn't be impossible to equip a receiver with a 'return to launch area' mode? You already have gps capability,an autopilot would do the rest.Is that fantasy?
Regards Stuart

Edit-rth systems

#14 HerkS Mar 12, 2012 09:39 AM

I have a friend on the forums who is working with what he calls FPV - first person view - giving the pilot a view from the aircraft. Might be fun to play with.

#15 nemoskull Mar 17, 2012 01:09 PM

The return to home is almost here in plug and play. There is a DIY drone project that is working selling. Six hundred or so. The hardware is in place. It might be a matter of settings or might need the firmware tweaked. Tho I bet some one has done it. What I really want is an auto pilot on the roll and pitch axis so I can land in windy days. Flying is fine it's the return to ground that gets me. I fly two ounce planes. I think I know how to doit but the thirty dollars for the computer chips holds me back cuz then I'd need an SMd oven and for that id need a relay to control the templates on the pos toaster oven I got. But at least I got the thermistors.