RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Talk
        New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor

#1 sidneyw Mar 03, 2012 08:31 AM

DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor
 
DJI is releasing a new Hexa "Spreading Wings" together with Zenmuse 3-axis gimbal in a few weeks.

Wookong-M, Wookong waypoint and Ace One owners will enjoy a great saving from March 10th to April 10th 2012.

In short, North America customer pricing -
S800: during preorder period
Not WKM owner $1,370
WKM owner $1,050
Ace One Owner $1,050

Detail of pricing, package price and pre-order -
http://www.dji-innovations.com/minis...eorder_en.html

DJI WK-M new gimbal test (2 min 27 sec)


This one is from last week, mounted on heli

DJI Zenmuse gimbal+Ace One front mount JR260 first test raw footage (6 min 16 sec)


DJI Zenmuse S800 Spreading Wings test flght (3 min 29 sec)

#2 jforkner Mar 03, 2012 10:21 AM

What's included in the price? I thought I read in another thread that motors, ESCs, & props were included.

How will this frame work with the Naza FC?

Thanks.


Jack

#3 piccoloflyer Mar 03, 2012 11:09 AM

Is that true the the battery is $420, 15000mah that is big battery, is it 3S or 4S?

#4 jetbootz Mar 03, 2012 11:29 AM

Please explain the intentions of Dji in dealing with the obvious issue of landing struts in the way of the 360 degree pan on this s800

I cannot understand how such an anomaly could be missed during development. Are you planning in an upgrade ?

I would like to know how this will be addressed prior to ordering.

Thanks

#5 sidneyw Mar 03, 2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piccoloflyer (Post 20924780)
Is that true the the battery is $420, 15000mah that is big battery, is it 3S or 4S?

Is 6S.

#6 sidneyw Mar 03, 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetbootz (Post 20924960)
Please explain the intentions of Dji in dealing with the obvious issue of landing struts in the way of the 360 degree pan on this s800

I cannot understand how such an anomaly could be missed during development. Are you planning in an upgrade ?

I would like to know how this will be addressed prior to ordering.

Thanks

Zenmus also has tilt angle of 360 .... one way or another either the landing struts or airframe will come into view. If retract landing struts will be used; the required parts will be able to fit to current frame.

#7 jetbootz Mar 03, 2012 07:32 PM

awesome , thanks. chalk me up for one then. I assume the retracts will come later ? So If we buy now we only have to upgrade to retracts when they come out ? Can you confirm it is something you will be doing ? I know it has tilt as well, but for most use Pan will be the only problem...I just need to know ( as most likely many others do too..) that if we drop the 4K on this little setup that there will be a solution the the LG issue in the pipeline relatively soon...

cheers

#8 Reginak Mar 03, 2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidneyw (Post 20928813)
Is 6S.

15000mah 6S lipo? I don't remember ever seeing one this big... will DJI selling this with S800?

Does the S800+zemnuse has to use a battery this big to be a counterweight for zenmuse gimbal?

Thanks

#9 sidneyw Mar 03, 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reginak (Post 20929165)
15000mah 6S lipo? I don't remember ever seeing one this big... will DJI selling this with S800?

Does the S800+zemnuse has to use a battery this big to be a counterweight for zenmuse gimbal?

Thanks

The battery will be available in Mid April; you can certainly use two 6000 - 7000mah in parallel; both counterweight and flight time.

#10 JeffY Mar 03, 2012 08:34 PM

Hi Sidney,

Will the S800 also come in a full kit form like the F450; ie frame + ESC + motor + prop?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

#11 Reginak Mar 03, 2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidneyw (Post 20929192)
The battery will be available in Mid April; you can certainly use two 6000 - 7000mah in parallel; both counterweight and flight time.

But 2x6000mah 6S is 1.8kg. That is a lot of weight in the back of the S800, and there weight for the camera+gimbal. Is this right?

#12 jforkner Mar 03, 2012 09:24 PM

Sid,

What's included in the price? I thought I read in another thread that motors, ESCs, & props were included.

How will this frame work with the Naza FC?

#13 Tahoe Ed Mar 03, 2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jforkner (Post 20929881)
Sid,

How will this frame work with the Naza FC?

The VU is rated for 6S and the IMU supports hexa so it should be doable. But why would you want to put a Sport controller on a $1600 frame? :popcorn:

#14 sidneyw Mar 04, 2012 02:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jforkner (Post 20929881)
Sid,

What's included in the price? I thought I read in another thread that motors, ESCs, & props were included.

Motor and ESCs are included ...
Motor is about 90 grams, we will finalize motor kv between 380 -420 in a few days.

#15 jforkner Mar 04, 2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed (Post 20930076)
The VU is rated for 6S and the IMU supports hexa so it should be doable. But why would you want to put a Sport controller on a $1600 frame? :popcorn:

'cause I have one and don't need GPS. At least I don't think I need GPS. I just want to be able to do AP (stills) from a stable platform that's capable of lifting a medium-sized DSLR. Not sure the expense of a WK-M is necessary to my needs.

Opinion?

Thanks.


Jack


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.