RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Power Cars
        Discussion Replacment brushed ESC for the NitroRCX drift car.

#1 B dog Mar 01, 2012 09:46 PM

Replacment brushed ESC for the NitroRCX drift car.

I drove mine (well the neighborhood kid did) in the rain and ruined it. They don't list any brushed units on their site, only brushless. Can someone help me?
TIA,
Brian

#2 kistner Mar 05, 2012 08:48 PM

How many turns is your motor?

#3 B dog Mar 05, 2012 09:25 PM

I have no idea how many turns, the best info I think i can provide is the gear ratio (albeit tomorrow, the shipping box is at work with the spec written on the side). It's a low budget system built RTR with an included 1800mAh ni-mh and actually goes quite well at low speed (under 20mph) it's fun too. Everyone seems to be selling brushless configuration in every flavor but the brushed motors and their application have been used for years by nessasity. I'm sure there is solid old school brushed info somewhere but it's not comming from the people selling the gear, it is out dated, kinda. Throw me a bone older folk please.
Brian

#4 kistner Mar 05, 2012 09:43 PM

you could try the tamiya teu-101bk or the traxxas xl5 either should do the trick. But your money is probably better spent on a brushless esc. you can use most of them with your current motor until you are ready to get a brushless one.

or you could look in the classifieds on the site here. there is always someone unloading some older electrics on the cheap.

#5 Caish Mar 05, 2012 09:54 PM

Get an Electrix/ECX ESC.
Can get them for about $21 new.
ECX1070
I think its rated for to 12T.

#6 shahram72 Mar 06, 2012 08:20 PM

The stock motor on that is a 540 Mabuchi type, any brushed ESC will work. The Electrix one is probably a good suggestion if you can find it. I would look at a cheap ESC at Hobbypartz or Hobby King.

Scratch that, found nothing but brushless there. try this, $11. I would get 2. It looks just like the cheap ESC that comes with that car. I have 2 cars like yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320A-Brushed...item46014ffb29