RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Discussion How much Tx time on one set of AA alkaline batteries?

#1 wolfv Feb 23, 2012 11:00 PM

How much Tx time on one set of AA alkaline batteries?

I have a new TACTIC TTX404, a 2.4GHz FHSS spread spectrum air system. The Tx uses four AA alkaline or four AA NiMH batteries. The manual does not specify power consumption.

How many hours of transmitting time can I expect from one set of alkaline batteries? My first RC aircraft will be delivered in a week, and am considering buying NiMH Tx batteries and charger to save on battery replacement costs.

Thank you.

#2 aerocal Feb 24, 2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfv (Post 20841233)
I have a new TACTIC TTX404, a 2.4GHz FHSS spread spectrum air system. The Tx uses four AA alkaline or NiMH batteries. The manual does not specify power consumption.

How many hours of transmitting time can I expect from one set of alkaline batteries? My first RC aircraft will be delivered in a week, and am considering buying NiMH Tx batteries and charger to save on battery replacement costs.

Thank you.

Not sure about your specific radio but Id venture to guess at least 15 hrs of runtime.Probably more around 20.
If you plan to spring for rechargables I would suggest Eneloop(LSD) cells.
Keep an eye out.They sell 4 or 8 packs in a combo deal with a charger.

#3 freechip Feb 24, 2012 06:14 AM

And factor in the cost or replacing you alkaline over time. NiMh for this application makes much more sense. What some will do how ever is carry a spare set of alkaline for those just in case moments they had forgotten to recharge or left the radio on.

+1 on the sanyo eneloop 2000mah AA cells.

#4 TheTick Feb 24, 2012 08:14 AM

Eneloops rock. By far the best choice for your tx.