RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        Watch Me Build My Cutie

#1 AirVenture Nov 01, 2001 03:51 PM

Watch Me Build My Cutie

Hello Everybody!

I've just whipped up a quick little website where I'll show my progress while building my SR Cutie. I'll update the main workbench photo everytime I make some major progress. I also will have a picture of my planned coverig design as soon as I can upload it to geocities. I'll be gone untill Monday taking my some ground school, then taking the Private Pilot Written Exam, so obviously there won't be any updates untill then. Here is the website:

http://www.geocities.com/airventure/cutie.html

-Thanks
-Brett :)

#2 Gerald Nov 02, 2001 08:41 AM

Brett, that's great. I bet a lot of prospective builders will enjoy watching your progress. If you are like me your biggest problem will be stopping the work long enough to clear the bench to take photos. I usually get so into it that I can't clean the bench up until it too crowded with tools and parts, etc, to do any more work.

The Cutie is an enjoyable build. Have fun!

#3 Pierre Audette Nov 02, 2001 09:09 AM

How about a web cam? You could have your own web show!

That's what's missing on this site. An area for web cam listing, of fields, workshops or anything else related to e-flight.

#4 Larry @ SR Nov 04, 2001 09:15 AM

Hi Brett...

I think this is a great idea. I'm going to enjoy looking over your shoulder.

Larry

#5 AirVenture Nov 04, 2001 05:03 PM

Iwas thinking about a web cam but I really don't know much about them, or if geocities even supports that kind of thing. I'll probably start building tonight. Maybe even get a picture on the website if I get far enough for any noticable changes. I'll keep a log of all the work bench pictures as I go on another page. Gotta get building!

#6 jfelts303 Nov 04, 2001 08:36 PM

Brett

Cool website, I'll be keeping my eye on your progress. Hope you did ok on the private pilot license today. I soloed last Sunday, man what a feeling!!

Jerry in South Dakota
Soloed 28 Oct 2001:)

#7 AirVenture Nov 04, 2001 09:50 PM

100% BABY YEAH!

Yup, I passed my Private Pilot Written (100% if you really want to know).

I just made my first major update. I'm also working on setting up another page with a log of all of the workbench pictures.

www.geocities.com/airventure/cutie.html

Soloed 11-22-00

Good luck with your flying Jerry!!!

#8 Clu Nov 05, 2001 09:14 AM

Good idea...

I think you'll find the Cutie alot more fun and satisfying to build than the Merlin! ;)

I'm just getting ready to cover my Cutie. This is the first plane I have built, having owned a Merlin and Zagi as well. My father built the Zagi for me.

What a joy this kit was. My father has been building glow kits for 30+ years, and was very impressed by the quality of the kit. His comment to my wife was 'He's got a couple of months of work ahead of him'. He was quite surprised when I told him I was ready to cover after about 2 1/2 weeks.

Can't wait to show him the STRAIGHT wing! Now if I could only come up with a color scheme worthy of Larry's kit :D

John

#9 AirVenture Nov 09, 2001 04:28 PM

Sorry I haven't updated my site lately and, well, it still isn't updated. There is either something wrong with my computer or Yahoo/Geocities Pagebuilder. I haven't been able to upload pics. I guess I'll try to update my site on the computers at school once I get enough time. I'm done with the main fuse. construction, tail, and vertical stab. Pretty much just have to the wings left and covering. Well, I think I'm gunna go fly since its getting dark and its only 4:30!!!

Sorry,
-Brett