RC Groups

RC Groups
    HobbyKing
        Discussion Is HobbyKing Getting Complacent? - Long Processing/Shipping Times

#1 ShokWaveRider Feb 19, 2012 11:04 AM

Is HobbyKing Getting Complacent? - Long Processing/Shipping Times

Is it me or does ordering from Hobbyking seem not as good as it used to be, in fact I would go as far as to say it is poor now.

2 recent order examples, I use 2 as one could have been a fluke.

Ordered on Saturday, order NOT shipped till following Friday (1 week to process non back ordered items?)

3/4 weeks to arrive.

Called 800 number 4 days in a row to cancel order No Answer
Sent email to customer support to cancel order No reply.
Online chat never connects.

In addition prices have gone up considerably in the last year and items seem to go on permanent backorder and or get dropped all together.

Almost not worth the trouble any more.

Thanks

#2 Breezemont Feb 19, 2012 11:10 AM

Same experience here. I'm using other vendors now whenever I can.

#3 flyinwalenda Feb 19, 2012 11:52 AM

There are much better choices both in china and the USA now. Ordered from HK in the past but it took week(s) to fill the orders. Then with their chinese new year excuses too. I've ordered from other chicom vendors over their "new year" and orders went out in the same 1-2 day time frame. Lot's of HK drum bangers out there that will tell you otherwise but I say there are better choices with faster delivery and better customer service.
Not to say I will never order from them again but it would have to be something I can't find anywhere else.

#4 Pilot in MO Feb 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Just curious, which warehouse? I have only ordered a few times, I waited forever on order from Hong Kong because it included lipos.

I have been told that orders out of the US warehouse arrive pretty quick even with lipos.

#5 ShokWaveRider Feb 19, 2012 12:48 PM

From Honkers, but always solely their Honkers stock.

#6 weimer20 Feb 19, 2012 12:56 PM

I quit doing business with them entirely. For some, it is no problem to receive lousy service for the sake of saving a couple bucks. It's not for me. I've actually found that I often receive the same product HK sells for less money when buying from other suppliers. The shipping has a lot to do with that.

#7 Doubledog Feb 19, 2012 02:03 PM

I've got to agree on the shipping times from HK. The last two I've put in recently I've went with the $10 priority and its taking about a week to get them processed (all items in stock) and then another two to three weeks to arrive. For the money its worth it as long as theres not a rush.

#8 ShokWaveRider Feb 19, 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubledog (Post 20794982)
I've got to agree on the shipping times from HK. The last two I've put in recently I've went with the $10 priority and its taking about a week to get them processed (all items in stock) and then another two to three weeks to arrive. For the money its worth it as long as theres not a rush.

Agreed, but I remember when they were much more efficient, but the Non existent customer support when you need it is an issue.

#9 ShokWaveRider Feb 19, 2012 02:16 PM

Oh and another thing. Manufacturers are slowly dropping HobbyKing because of this service flaw amongst other things.

I personally spoke to MKS about why their servos were on permanenent backorder at HK thinking that they were a little slow in providing product. But Nooooo. They said they dropped HobbyKing for Marketing Reasons.

So watch all those backordered items dissappear...... We are led to believe that they are so busy selling that they run out but it is not that. Another example of this is the 1230 Brushless 3800kv that was on BO for yonks then just dissappeared. I have heard of others too.

A Real Shame HK as we REALLY used to like buying from you. Why are you going down hill so fast!!!!!!!! The service departments is too busy to respond I am sure. :)

#10 Doubledog Feb 19, 2012 02:16 PM

I agree with you as well. No customer support is a deal killer.
As far as items in stock, it seems its much better in the off season (no brainer there) and I just hope that my summer orders are at a minimum.

#11 D W Feb 19, 2012 04:54 PM

I just received an order that was placed before Christmas.

Not too long ago they advertised they were working on getting orders shipped within 24 hours. Now? NOT!

#12 desertdweller Feb 19, 2012 06:47 PM

AAhhhh!! But they Didnt say within 24 hours of what. :p

#13 Nederland Feb 19, 2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda (Post 20793899)
There are much better choices both in china and the USA now. Ordered from HK in the past but it took week(s) to fill the orders. Then with their chinese new year excuses too. I've ordered from other chicom vendors over their "new year" and orders went out in the same 1-2 day time frame. Lot's of HK drum bangers out there that will tell you otherwise but I say there are better choices with faster delivery and better customer service.
Not to say I will never order from them again but it would have to be something I can't find anywhere else.

Which better choices can you recommend ?

#14 flyinwalenda Feb 19, 2012 08:35 PM

I've had good luck with leadershobby.com, rctimer.com in chicom and valuehobby.com in USA. Also heard lowpricerc.com in chicom is good too.

#15 D W Feb 19, 2012 08:45 PM

http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/index.php

Received some small parts in a timely manner from them.