RC Groups

RC Groups
    E-Fest 2012
        Discussion Why no Thank You thread?

#1 Conehead Feb 13, 2012 02:10 PM

Why no Thank You thread?

I didn't attend E-Fest this year, yet I know just how hard Frank Noll and all the people at Hobbico work to put this event on. Steve, Dave, Mike, and a host of others plus the people in the Orange shirts who work long hours to make this event happen.

All of them need to be thanked for such hard work. I know it is not easy to run an event like this.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

#2 jsmith285 Feb 13, 2012 02:14 PM

guess you just started it.

Thanks it was a great event!

#3 andersonmanly Feb 13, 2012 03:12 PM

A big thank you to everyone that helped make E-fest possible. This was my second year attending and I sure had a blast!

#4 Grimracer Feb 13, 2012 03:41 PM

I for one cannot speak for the others but I must tell you.. ITS YOU GUYS THAT MAKE IT SOOOOOO MUCH FUN..
Frank really works hard at this but there is so much more too.. From advertising to organizing the booth.. There are a lot of people involved.
Another important aspect of this event is our VERY dedicated local flying club. The Champaign County Radio Control Club’ sends out volunteers (YEP VOLUNTEERS) that help with setup, tear down, hauling out the trash and YOU NAME IT and I can proudly say.. I am a member.

Mike “Grimracer” Zaborowski

#5 captdave221 Feb 13, 2012 06:13 PM

A big thank you

I had a great time and thanks to all who were involved in putting it on. I plan on being a pilot next year.

#6 foam and tape Feb 13, 2012 10:05 PM

yes, a definite thankyou is in order. It actually turned out to be pretty fun this year, last year I noticed a decline in numbers and the usual suspects weren't there (same people were still missing this year) although combat and the night events were WAY more fun than they ever were, by far the "gauntlet" was the best thing to happen to E-fest since the 800mah battery debate. I thought the gauntlet thing was hilarious and much more enjoyable than pylon racing. Bring it back for sure! :D