RC Groups

RC Groups
    Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)
        Discussion What did you do to your plane today?

#1 809Flyer Feb 09, 2012 02:32 PM

What did you do to your plane today?

I have a Hobbyzone supercub and I bought a nice little stand for it so i can work on it better. I plan on going brushless and getting a new TX and RX for it. Im also looking at bigger tires for grass take offs. She's also getting a brand new HD 808 #16 key chain cam already on it's way from china.

So, what are you doing to your plane?

Feel free to post picture of your work
or videos of your flights it that's what you
did... Keep the thread alive, Post them updates!!
Happy posting..

#2 blackbrabus Feb 09, 2012 03:12 PM

Today I didn't crash, that's gift enough for one day.

#3 809Flyer Feb 09, 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbrabus (Post 20694263)
Today I didn't crash, that's gift enough for one day.

I agree. any day you come home with a whole plane then you had a good day.

#4 Byrdman Feb 09, 2012 07:50 PM

Nothing today, but yesterday I reinforced the motor mount because I found out yesterday while flying that I should have from the time before:D

#5 dkrhardy Feb 10, 2012 09:27 AM

Nothing yet! Yesterday I introduced my 48" balsa Super Sportster to Mr. Fencepost. Landing roll was waaaaay too long. :o I have a small crushed area on the LE but it is between ribs! Lucky, eh? So today I'm off to find balsa to repair it.
Don

#6 809Flyer Feb 10, 2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkrhardy (Post 20701714)
Nothing yet! Yesterday I introduced my 48" balsa Super Sportster to Mr. Fencepost. Landing roll was waaaaay too long. :o I have a small crushed area on the LE but it is between ribs! Lucky, eh? So today I'm off to find balsa to repair it.
Don

Ouchhh....... Pics?

#7 dkrhardy Feb 10, 2012 06:11 PM

I went to a hobby store, non-plane type, and bought a 1x1 hunk-o-balsa as well as some balsa sheets. Carved a LE and fit it in and did the sheeting. No matching covering, but some trim tape that is spot on. After lots of sanding, etc, did the cover and all of the proper trim colors .... looks good. Wife was within 3 feet before she even guessed anything was done! Airfoil is correct, all is good!
I don't mess with photos, and I don't do the Photobucket stuff. As much as I love to see your photos, I just don't bother trying to post 'em. Old guy, no patience. Sorry.
Don

#8 Fredriksson Feb 10, 2012 07:46 PM

I need to replace the retracts on my GWS P-51 Mustang. Will that be today? Prolly not. But, I need to get it done soon. And, since you are into pics, here ya go.

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/y...51DMustang.jpg

Freddy

#9 809Flyer Feb 10, 2012 08:53 PM

I got an additional DSM Receiver for my SC from Horizon today... Im buying a small PNF either spitfire or P-51 which I intend to add it to.

#10 devgrp Feb 10, 2012 09:34 PM

I flew my Dynam SR-22 Trainer this morning. Its a little beat up but it still flies great. It was a little windy. Video was captured with a Kodak Playfull

Dynam SR-22 Aerial Video (5 min 41 sec)

#11 scootrb4 Feb 10, 2012 09:39 PM

NICE thread 809flyer.

I put the PZ P-47 on the stand on top of the tall file cabinet :) Since the wildcat is on the bench getting a new power 10 upgrade... Waiting on the parkBECs to arrive. That's the last piece of that puzzle ... then I can wait for the servos to start the spoiler mod on the Wildcat. I figure spoilers on a belly lander right?

#12 809Flyer Feb 10, 2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootrb4 (Post 20708081)
NICE thread 809flyer.

I put the PZ P-47 on the stand on top of the tall file cabinet :) Since the wildcat is on the bench getting a new power 10 upgrade... Waiting on the parkBECs to arrive. That's the last piece of that puzzle ... then I can wait for the servos to start the spoiler mod on the Wildcat. I figure spoilers on a belly lander right?

Looks like you have your hands full... Sounds fun. I can't wait to start my spitfire build... Waitng for my 6ch RX.

#13 Toysrme Feb 11, 2012 12:12 AM

i installed my control surfaces on a wing i designed. cloth hinges ftmfw.

they will be cut for split controls. separate controls > elevons, but most wing designers now dont realize that. lost knowledge :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...V/GOPR0012.jpg

#14 paindoc Feb 11, 2012 02:28 AM

I assembled my Dynam T28 that arrived today. I have to run down to the LHS tomo and pick up some wire extenders for the flaps.
Then,
maiden!

#15 Butch777 Feb 11, 2012 03:07 AM

I've been on a building binge lately.

I maidened a EPP ToonJet I designed and got it dialed in.
I just about got a GWS Pico Stick custom build, with ailerons and a EPP fuselage instead of a stick ready.
I finally finished a custom EPP Nemo-Lite build(chopped 2ozs of the fuselage and put in a smaller motor/batt).
I sanded on a Stryker-Lite I've been working on(since I was sanding on the Nemo and making a mess!) and extended the nose for strakes, plus made a EPP canopy.
And I'm finishing up dialing in the C/G on a EPP Thumper I'm building for my Cousin!!