RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hoverfly Technologies
        Discussion Firmware update client

#1 ironchefola Feb 02, 2012 08:47 AM

Firmware update client

Hello.
Trying to update my firmware.
But I keep getting a error message. It is.

There was a problem Reaching the server, please check your internet connection or try again later.

Could not establish trust relationship for the secure SSL / TLS channel with issuers www.hoverflyupdate.com

Have tried to change the USB cable and shut down my antivirus program.

What else can I do ?
Thanks in advance, Ola !

#2 S11D336B Feb 02, 2012 11:14 AM

Make sure you are connected to the internet. If you still can't get it to work, try another computer if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironchefola (Post 20616120)
Hello.
Trying to update my firmware.
But I keep getting a error message. It is.

There was a problem Reaching the server, please check your internet connection or try again later.

Could not establish trust relationship for the secure SSL / TLS channel with issuers www.hoverflyupdate.com

Have tried to change the USB cable and shut down my antivirus program.

What else can I do ?
Thanks in advance, Ola !

#3 ironchefola Feb 02, 2012 02:21 PM

My internet conection is working properly.
Have tried with another computer. But the same error all the time.
Have downloaded the program and reinstalled it several times.
What is / am I doing wrong???
If I understand correctly. it is from the same page. I downloaded the program, it will then connect to. when to update and change the configuration.
Really need help!
Quote:

Originally Posted by S11D336B (Post 20617537)
Make sure you are connected to the internet. If you still can't get it to work, try another computer if possible.

#4 hoverben Feb 02, 2012 02:26 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not an IT guy so take this with a grain of salt...

... but it looks like your browser is rejecting the update site's certificate and/or not providing a certificate of its own. Try adjusting the security settings in your browser. (This is not the same as your anti-virus program.)

Sorry to be vague, but I would need to know what browser you are using to provide more specific instructions on how to do this.

#5 ironchefola Feb 02, 2012 02:37 PM

I use both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Which is preferable?
Which one is easiest to change the safety on ? and how do I do that ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoverben (Post 20619474)
Disclaimer: I'm not an IT guy so take this with a grain of salt...

... but it looks like your browser is rejecting the update site's certificate and/or not providing a certificate of its own. Try adjusting the security settings in your browser. (This is not the same as your anti-virus program.)

Sorry to be vague, but I would need to know what browser you are using to provide more specific instructions on how to do this.

#6 RC Man Feb 02, 2012 02:56 PM

I use Explorer and have never had a problem. I just use the default settings and medium-high security setting. I have never had a problem connecting to HF server.

#7 ironchefola Feb 02, 2012 03:24 PM

How do you choose which program to run with?
I just click the " Hoverfly Firmware Update Client " which in my case is on the desktop. And the program starts. I have no idea which Internet software they use?

I also have my security on medium-high in internet explorer

#8 Stacky Feb 02, 2012 03:39 PM

There are 2 bits of software. The Firmware update is for updating and setting your configuration.
The setup software is the one you se to check the radio connections are correct, to check what your actual gain settings are. It also lets you setup your camera gimbal controls, does calibration of the electronics etc.

#9 ironchefola Feb 02, 2012 03:50 PM

Maybe explain a little bit clumsy.
What I meant was.
I do not know what program (explorer or firefox) that Firmware update client use, to connect with.
I just click on the firmware update. The program starts. I agree to the conditions in terms. Click on continue. And then starts the problem. When it should connect to the server.
And I do not know why?

#10 Stacky Feb 02, 2012 04:02 PM

ok. it doesn't connect to the server till you get to the second to last page when it connects. So at each page, make your selection that you need from the drop down menus. Click next once you have made that selection and you will go to a new page. Keep working through till you get to the final page and then can do the flashing of the firmware.

The firmware update software connects itself and doesn't need firefox or internet explorer etc

#11 hoverben Feb 02, 2012 04:12 PM

Did not see the last two posts. Stacky is probably right on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironchefola (Post 20620055)
How do you choose which program to run with?
I just click the " Hoverfly Firmware Update Client " which in my case is on the desktop. And the program starts. I have no idea which Internet software they use?

I also have my security on medium-high in internet explorer

Edited out.

#12 ironchefola Feb 02, 2012 07:42 PM

Hello Stacky and all others trying to help me !
So here is the problem, take it step by step.

1. start the program ( firmware update client ).
2. Picture of the board and usb cable. Pressing the next button.
3. License Agreement will appear. Marks in the box, I agree. Pressing the next button.

Then start the problem.
The program seems to want to connect. ( Should it do so ? ) And I can not choose anything. I understand that I must choose which board I should update. But I can not select anything, because there's nothing to choose from. In the drop down box.
And the error message comes up. And it is only possible to cancel.

Seems just as if it's only me who has this problem. And I wonder why.

Have changed my security in both explorer and firefox.

#13 Stacky Feb 02, 2012 08:59 PM

Do you have the USB switch set to position 1?

These are the screens you should see.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post20623301

Sorry if they are not in order. You may need to download the driver which there is a link to in one of the later screens

#14 S11D336B Feb 03, 2012 01:58 AM

Open your browser and go to https://www.hoverflyupdate.com

What happens?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironchefola (Post 20622593)
Hello Stacky and all others trying to help me !
So here is the problem, take it step by step.

1. start the program ( firmware update client ).
2. Picture of the board and usb cable. Pressing the next button.
3. License Agreement will appear. Marks in the box, I agree. Pressing the next button.

Then start the problem.
The program seems to want to connect. ( Should it do so ? ) And I can not choose anything. I understand that I must choose which board I should update. But I can not select anything, because there's nothing to choose from. In the drop down box.
And the error message comes up. And it is only possible to cancel.

Seems just as if it's only me who has this problem. And I wonder why.

Have changed my security in both explorer and firefox.

#15 ironchefola Feb 03, 2012 04:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it could be the answer to my problem, or at least a bit.
But if it is.
How do I fix it?
I tried to visit the link. But getting an error message. (See text file).
Quote:

Originally Posted by S11D336B (Post 20625355)
Open your browser and go to https://www.hoverflyupdate.com

What happens?