RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro Ready-to-Fly
        Discussion Parkzone UM Spitfire with AS3X

#1 Silverexpress Feb 01, 2012 04:26 AM

Parkzone UM Spitfire with AS3X

Ultra Micro Spitfire Mk IX BNF by ParkZone (1 min 53 sec)

One of my favorite warbirds.

#2 Pouncer Feb 01, 2012 04:40 AM

Oh, give us a break!

How am I supposed to afford it if you keep coming out with must-haves?
As it is I barely have time to fly the UM's I already have..

Edit: does the box come with a carrying handle? This is a deal-breaker.

#3 Bowerz Feb 01, 2012 04:42 AM

Oh no they didn't!!!

#4 johnkielsen Feb 01, 2012 04:58 AM

It is a 1 cell, and i think brush motor.Undercamber wings ?

John

#5 Bowerz Feb 01, 2012 05:04 AM

:( looks like it is brushed
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...x-bnf-PKZU2180

#6 Silverexpress Feb 01, 2012 05:15 AM

$99 ;-)

Looks like it also has a different board....pkzu2167 from the first initial models. This maybe the board to use in those um balsa conversions.

#7 MyPonyRocks Feb 01, 2012 05:18 AM

I think at the very least I'll be grabbing the prop and spinner for my P-51, possibly the motor if it's improved... and inevitably I'll be purchasing the plane along with the Cub and the Mig and and and....

#8 Silverexpress Feb 01, 2012 05:22 AM

It's got a 1s battery cover! How cool is that! That'll be a bonus for cold weather flying.

#9 GradyLee Feb 01, 2012 05:25 AM

Wow! My budget's taking a beating. This, plus both PZ and E-Flite D-Vas!!

#10 Chrizz Feb 01, 2012 05:37 AM

...at least there's one of the new planes staying in the 40cm wingspan/ not way above 40g -category... and 1s, so we can use some of those 1.000.000 lipos we all got lying around.
I love both the UM's and UMX's, but it doesn't suit me that some of the new products tend to get bigger and heavier.
The fact is, that some of us choose to go fly an Ultra Micro in our backyard or local park, instead of taking the longer trip to the flyingfield. This works for us, as long as we can fly our planes in our small confined backyard or local park, but has its limits regarding the size/weight/speed of the plane. In my case, I can not fly my beloved Sbach in the local park and, for sure, in my backyard. There is simply not enough space.
The new Carbon Cub is a good example of this limit. After watching the video, I got the impression that it's quiet fast... especially if you compare it to the video of the UMX Mig, there's not enough difference in speed between these two planes (that's only my impression of the two videos). Where did the floatiness go? It's at least miles away from the good old Kyosho Minium Citabria...

...so yes, I'm glad to see this "lightweight", brushed, 1s marvel! :-)

Happy landings!

#11 gentle ben Feb 01, 2012 06:56 AM

Darn, just when I thought I'd reached equilibrium in the new models vs. desire department HH does this dastardly deal. Now if I could only remember where I put that hundred dollar bill where my wife couldn't find it?

gb

#12 Bowerz Feb 01, 2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrizz (Post 20603313)
...at least there's one of the new planes staying in the 40cm wingspan/ not way above 40g -category... and 1s, so we can use some of those 1.000.000 lipos we all got lying around.
I love both the UM's and UMX's, but it doesn't suit me that some of the new products tend to get bigger and heavier.
The fact is, that some of us choose to go fly an Ultra Micro in our backyard or local park, instead of taking the longer trip to the flyingfield. This works for us, as long as we can fly our planes in our small confined backyard or local park, but has its limits regarding the size/weight/speed of the plane. In my case, I can not fly my beloved Sbach in the local park and, for sure, in my backyard. There is simply not enough space.
The new Carbon Cub is a good example of this limit. After watching the video, I got the impression that it's quiet fast... especially if you compare it to the video of the UMX Mig, there's not enough difference in speed between these two planes (that's only my impression of the two videos). Where did the floatiness go? It's at least miles away from the good old Kyosho Minium Citabria...

...so yes, I'm glad to see this "lightweight", brushed, 1s marvel! :-)

Happy landings!

I agree, but i hate how quickly the brushed motors burn out. a small 1s brushless would have been nice, not for the power, but to stop the replacing of motors.

#13 awacsCZE Feb 01, 2012 08:27 AM

Shots from Parkzone facebook. This is amazing. PK is ruining my budget :D:D

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...54967235_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...68195262_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...16976961_n.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...69520180_n.jpg

#14 DropTank Feb 01, 2012 08:34 AM

I need a second job. Just saw the Carbon Cub and glider too. The Spit looks really nice. The four bladed prop really sets it off.

#15 pugsam Feb 01, 2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowerz (Post 20603891)
I agree, but i hate how quickly the brushed motors burn out. a small 1s brushless would have been nice, not for the power, but to stop the replacing of motors.

Yep, but still..........

Tally-ho!

:D