RC Groups

RC Groups
    Humor
        Joke Do you know how fast you were going?

#1 UlteriorModem Jan 27, 2012 01:02 PM

Do you know how fast you were going?

Story about some traffic cops vs Tornado fighter.

Too funny not to share ! :D

http://www.stupidvideos.com/pictures..._Field/#388308

#2 Rafael23cc Jan 27, 2012 05:00 PM

Cool if it only had a sliver of truth to it. It is impossible for that to happen. But thanks for making me look it up in Snopes, lots of entertaining stuff in there.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp

#3 UlteriorModem Jan 29, 2012 07:37 AM

I figured it was not true.. if jamming police radar was possible it would be for sale in the magazines :)

#4 Up&Away Feb 02, 2012 03:26 AM

Apart from the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, there are no Dutch tornados.

#5 madsci_guy Feb 02, 2012 11:44 PM

June 8, 1997
The south of the Netherlands was hit by small but severe thunderstorm that produced several small tornadoes. One tornado struck Phillip Morris factory in Bergen op Zoom. Twenty people were injured by flying debris, three of which were hospitalized. After hitting the factory it vanished, reappearing above a market place, causing a lot of damage but no injuries. The tornado left Bergen op Zoom and continued its path to Rotterdam. There it hit the Zestienhoven airport, destroying four privately owned planes, some of which were blown away or over.

#6 Up&Away Feb 03, 2012 06:00 AM

Let me re-phrase:
"to the best of my knowledge, there are no Dutch twin-engine, variable-sweep wing combat aircraft, which was jointly developed and manufactured by the United Kingdom, West Germany and Italy, commonly known as the tornado"

#7 MerlinV Feb 03, 2012 06:04 AM

Heard the same story happening in New South Wales with RAAF Tornados. Too many inconsistencies to be true.

#8 electrotor Feb 03, 2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&Away (Post 20626130)
Let me re-phrase:
"to the best of my knowledge, there are no Dutch twin-engine, variable-sweep wing combat aircraft, which was jointly developed and manufactured by the United Kingdom, West Germany and Italy, commonly known as the tornado"

I wasn't going to bother replying but as you have re-phrased in response to someone else, I suggest you read the original article again. It is stated that the pilot was Dutch and NOT the aircraft. Both the Netherlands and the UK are part of NATO and have pilot exchanges.
And before anyone else mentions it, the RAAF DO NOT HAVE Tornado aircraft either.
It's all academic anyway because the original story was fictitious.
I am beginning to bore myself now. :D

#9 dll932 Feb 05, 2012 11:30 PM

Remember Fuzzbuster radar detectors? At one time they had a contract with the Airforce to make modified units to likely use as threat warning recevers, but they didn't wanna say much about it, I heard.

#10 dll932 Feb 06, 2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UlteriorModem (Post 20572366)
I figured it was not true.. if jamming police radar was possible it would be for sale in the magazines :)

They're "unlegal" but possible.