RC Groups

RC Groups
    USA - District IV
        Discussion NOVA RC Sandbox

#1 fredmdbud Jan 17, 2012 11:37 AM

NOVA RC Sandbox

Play nice, share, and don't leave a mess.

Electric, nitro, JP, air, land, water, it's all good ... this is your on-line free-for-all watering hole.

If you find a gem of a flying spot you'd like to share, or want to setup an invite to a gathering, please post it in the appropriate thread.

#2 merlin703 Jan 17, 2012 12:04 PM

Hey but this is also just about RC only... I can only talk so much about RC stuff. I think I'm starting to feel obsolete. This would still be like playing in the sandbox just with trucks and don't let PP bring his dolls http://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/bawl.gif

PontiusPilate Jan 17, 2012 12:09 PM

An infraction has been given for this post.
Infraction type: Offensive content (Suggestive)

#4 fredmdbud Jan 17, 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiusPilate (Post 20451799)
smells like ass and vaseline in here lol

Only since you got here! :D

#5 SalamSyed Jan 17, 2012 12:51 PM

Knock Knock!

#6 Starving Bushman Jan 17, 2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalamSyed (Post 20452200)
Knock Knock!

I'll bite

Who's there? :popcorn:

#7 fredmdbud Jan 17, 2012 02:15 PM

Subscriber

#8 SalamSyed Jan 17, 2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starving Bushman (Post 20452508)
I'll bite

Who's there? :popcorn:

Justin... :)

#9 Starving Bushman Jan 17, 2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalamSyed (Post 20453339)
Justin... :)

Justin who?

#10 SalamSyed Jan 17, 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starving Bushman (Post 20454421)
Justin who?

Just-in time for another flight. :D

#11 merlin703 Jan 17, 2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredmdbud (Post 20451817)
Only since you got here! :D

LOL, good one. You guys have been busy... great, now I have to check 3 freaking threads :mad:

#12 Sky_Captain Jan 17, 2012 05:38 PM

Hey guys, what's up:D

Rafael, that's nothing. I get at least 20 notifications a day about threads I'm subscribed to:eek:

#13 merlin703 Jan 17, 2012 05:39 PM

By the way GaryAV, I forgot to make a comment on the plane you have on sale. You guys have been talking so much about gas that was starting an itch. I know I can't have one NOW but here are some questions that I hope you know the answer to. Feel free to make any corrections:

Nitro vs Electric:
Let's put the charger cost aside since I already have one and I can charge up to 12S with what I have. Plus, it's just one time "fee".

Nitro: longer run times, longer set up each time to fly, maintainance needed when not being flown for weeks (?), consistent power almost to the end

Electric: Shorter run times, better punch, consistent power up to 70% of the flying time, easy to do a quicky (plug and fly), no need to perform maintainance due to long periods of not flying the birds

GAS: I don't think we can do GAS vs electric so is it possible to do something like gas vs nitro? So far what I've seen with your posts and Salams is that it will be cheaper.

Do you need to break the motor?
Does it need to be prep exactly like a nitro bird?
Does it fly as long as a nitro bird?
Is the power better or worse than a nitro bird? If it's lower, what would the percentage be?
What's the cost of the same bird to set it up for nitro and what is the cost of the same bird set up for gas (is it even possible to come up with a number)?

Feel free to add anything else.

#14 merlin703 Jan 17, 2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky_Captain (Post 20454891)
Hey guys, what's up:D

Rafael, that's nothing. I get at least 20 notifications a day about threads I'm subscribed to:eek:

Oh, here is the trouble maker :mad:
lol, just kidding, now you can't post your ladies on the other thread either I guess. I'm sure they will be welcome anywhere there is a man. They always get the most views anyways :D

About the notification thing. That's why I don't check the "notification" box when I suscribe to a thread.... I have a million suscriptions. I have them organized in folders, which helps when I'm looking for things.

#15 merlin703 Jan 17, 2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredmdbud (Post 20451524)
Play nice, share, and don't leave a mess.

Electric, nitro, JP, it's all good ... this is your on-line free-for-all watering hole.

If you find a gem of a flying spot you'd like to share, or want to setup an invite to a gathering, please post it in the mother thread.

Hey Fredmdbud, don't forget to list "indoor events". Don't leave the little guys out.... I guess the "it's all good" part should cover it.