RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)
        Sold Cessna 182 Skylane

#1 philwgar Jan 09, 2012 04:47 PM

Cessna 182 Skylane

I have for sale, a .60 size Cessna Skylane kit made by Global. Requiring a 45-60 size engine, a 4-6 channel radio and has a 71 inch wing span. The kit has some parts somewhat assembled/built; the fuselage is frame up, vertical and horizontal stablelizer and elevator(s) framed (not together). Nothing is sanded or shaped. The kit includes the plans, fiberglass cowl, metal main landing gear strut, small bag of hardware, plastic windows, plastic wheel pants (no wheels). I actually thought about keeping it and purchase a foam core wing but I just don't have the time anymore. I'd need to ship this in two seperate boxes. This is a very nice ultra stable standoff scale trainer or sport kit. Easy building. Other items I think you will need are: engine, covering & gas tank. Asking 60.00 for the kit plus shipping cost to wherever you are. Thanks.

#2 Dad_Roman Jan 09, 2012 05:20 PM

Need pics badly of components and box and specs on box.

Wing in it? To buy a foam core insinuates it is not. Just makin sure.

Delivery to the nearest Interstate possible? ( I-10....I have trucking buddies;) )

Thanks

#3 sagomon Jan 09, 2012 05:21 PM

is the wing missing?

#4 Dad_Roman Jan 09, 2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagomon (Post 20372482)
is the wing missing?

Didnt I say that bro:D

Preliminary dibbys;)

#5 olds455 Jan 09, 2012 07:14 PM

The global skylane I built had a built up wing. I think he wanted to use a foam core on it.

#6 Dad_Roman Jan 09, 2012 07:16 PM

I assumed that too but the way he phrased it made me (and sagomon) wonder;)

You have any info or linky's to this plane. I couldnt find anything.

#7 olds455 Jan 09, 2012 07:26 PM

Unfortunatly no. I built it 12yrs ago with flap, floats, with a super tiger 61. Flew it all summer. Finished the detail work when winter hit, Fisrt day out on skis lost the engine and hit one tree and landed in another. I kept the tail for a wall mount and trashed the rest. I have no plans or manual. I was a good flier. Good Luck

DR- I did find this but nothing on their skylane

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/

I aslo had the 60 raven and the 60 sky raider- both great airplanes

#8 Dad_Roman Jan 09, 2012 07:36 PM

I think you meant "it was a good flier";)

Cool. So it was a good flier and you didnt have anything particularly bad to say about it. Must have been a pretty decent aircraft.

Thanks for the good words, that helps a lot.

#9 Dad_Roman Jan 09, 2012 08:24 PM

Thanks for that bro. I surfed around and saw that site too.

Preciate your efforts!....thanks.

Shane

#10 philwgar Jan 09, 2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagomon (Post 20372482)
is the wing missing?

The wing ribs and spar's are all in the box. Just not put together. thanks

#11 philwgar Jan 09, 2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Roman (Post 20372471)
Need pics badly of components and box and specs on box.

Wing in it? To buy a foam core insinuates it is not. Just makin sure.

Delivery to the nearest Interstate possible? ( I-10....I have trucking buddies;) )

Thanks

Sorry about that; no, the ribs and parts are inside the box. I'll get some pic's attached in the morning. thanks for the heads up.

#12 philwgar Jan 10, 2012 10:36 AM

182 Global pics

5 Attachment(s)
I've addeds some pictures. Being this is my first time with this format and site I hope that they come through for your viewing. :popcorn: