RC Groups

RC Groups
    Club Talk
        Discussion Ozark Mountain Barnstormers

#1 Sandancer Dec 31, 2011 01:04 PM

Ozark Mountain Barnstormers

3 Attachment(s)
Ozark Mountain Barnstormers<--Click here!...is a RC Club comprising of about 50+ members. McCauley Field is located between Nixa and Ozark, Missouri on Cheyenne Rd.

#2 Sandancer Jan 01, 2012 03:14 PM

The Polar Bear/Freeze Fly

9 Attachment(s)
This is the annual 01/01/2012 Barnstormers "Polar Bear/Freeze Fly" held every New Year's Day.

The temp. was 47, not bad considering Sat. 31 was 62.:( The wind, although, was an issue. Gusts from 25-35mph grounded a few planes unfortunately!

Gary

#3 ozmo01 Jan 17, 2012 03:18 PM

Nixa Ozark and Springfield Mo area

Hi
I am a long time RC flyer with the Ozark Mountain Barnstormers
our website is
http://ozarkmountainbarnstormers.com

We have a history of being a fun fly club and having a nice family/kid orientated atmosphere. It is a great place to learn to fly. At one time we had several father son flying teams. We have a few wives that fly sometimes.
Guest flying is encouraged!:D We keep a couple barBQue grills ready all the time, bratworsts fear us!
We fly everything from 3D to SPADS to sailplanes to foamies to 1/5 scale gassers. Combat has been known to happen on occasions too. So if its fun we do it:) AMA is required of course, dues are similar to other area clubs I think. We have neighboring clubs in Springfield, Mo. Joplin, Mo. and Reed's Springs/ Branson, Mo. areas. Great guys in all of those clubs and sometimes some of them stop by to fly. We enjoy that!
OzMo

#4 ozmo01 Feb 14, 2012 01:36 PM

What am I building?

Well if you count all my "started" kits or projects the list is a bit LONG:eek:
Mostly I have been working on my house including a remodel of the RC Dungeon. New lights, opened up the basement into one big room, new work table, improved storage. Still need a plane storage rack/charging area. I could not decide where I wanted it But i will make it with WHEELS so I can change my mind:D
projects so far:
Indoor PBF
Repairing my 60 Ultrastick (thumb glitches SUCK)
Couple a foam LECKIES
Finishing my Bubble Dancer

Goal for this season
# 1 Less crashes:rolleyes::eek::D
#2 Compete at least once with sailplanes
# 3 learn to knife edge and flat spin my stick

#5 ozmo01 Feb 14, 2012 02:30 PM

waiting for the grass to grow and wam weather

#6 Kcchiefs Feb 14, 2012 09:16 PM

I am ready for the weather to break, and finally get back to flying at the field.
:popcorn:

#7 Sandancer Feb 14, 2012 11:17 PM

I was sent these 2 vids the other day, and I want to share them with 'ya all! This guy is good, not to mention an entertaining videographer as well!

Gary

No Risk No Fun- crazy horst (7 min 49 sec)

a sunny sunday- crazy horst (4 min 20 sec)

#8 Sandancer Feb 16, 2012 11:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made it to my first "Thursday Build Night" and I wanted to thank Calvin for his hospitality. I'm still unfamiliar with some of the guy's names, but to the guy that brought the chili, thanks, it was delicious.;)

Greg, here are links to 2 of those Receiver switches I spoke of.

Receiver switch (3plug)

Receiver Switch/System

Gary

#9 Sandancer Feb 20, 2012 12:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I can't tell for sure, but I am thinking that is a PT-17 Bi-Plane in the logo?

Gary

#10 ozmo01 Mar 03, 2012 11:01 PM

Jenny :)

#11 im55scott Feb 10, 2013 01:01 AM

5 miles from my house.. Id like to join your club

#12 Sandancer May 05, 2013 09:32 AM

I wanted to share a couple of vids of my good friend Greg Pierson's maiden of his 1/4 scale SE5a. Greg is the talented artist who paint all of my pilots. "My Squadron of Pilots"

Gary

1/4 scale Balsa USA SE5a Electric Maiden Flight (5 min 33 sec)

Second SE5a Electrified Flight (5 min 18 sec)