RC Groups

RC Groups
    Arizona Model Aviators
        Discussion AMA Expo Jan 6-8 2012 Ontario CA

#1 wingspan100 Dec 27, 2011 10:17 AM

AMA Expo Jan 6-8 2012 Ontario CA
 
Is anyone going?

#2 wyldkrd Dec 27, 2011 10:36 AM

Possibly... I can fly to Ontario for free so that is the easy part:D

#3 wingspan100 Dec 27, 2011 10:44 AM

If I go, I'll be driving.

#4 jimflys1 Dec 27, 2011 08:30 PM

I had planed to go now but my wife will be out of town which means I slave to the Beagles. I am also entered in the Casa Grande Century Bike Ride on the 8th...

#5 crxmanpat Dec 29, 2011 04:15 PM

I was going to go, but we changed the family trip to LA for this weekend, so I'll be flying across the street from the Convention Center the weekend before the Expo. ;)

Next year I may have a booth there.

Pat

#6 TBolt Dec 29, 2011 04:39 PM

Wish I could go. but I do not want to spend the dough! :popcorn:

#7 neck Dec 29, 2011 05:06 PM

I'm thinking about going.

Any else thinks it's worth it?

#8 jimflys1 Dec 29, 2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neck (Post 20264981)
I'm thinking about going.

Any else thinks it's worth it?

Personally I think it's worth it; at least once.

#9 TBolt Dec 29, 2011 08:47 PM

I use to go all the time when I lived in L.A., if you go, make sure you wear your sneakers, lots and lots of walking, and before you know it, its time to go home.

#10 wingspan100 Dec 29, 2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBolt (Post 20266860)
I use to go all the time when I lived in L.A., if you go, make sure you wear your sneakers, lots and lots of walking, and before you know it, its time to go home.

I've only been to the Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen model expos.
I thought I'd try the Ontario expo this time.

#11 crxmanpat Dec 29, 2011 11:23 PM

It's not really what you think Richard. More like a big hall just full of vendors selling stuff, not really showcasing new and upcoming products. There is some of that, but not like the China and European Expos.

But there are lots of display models that are out for judging. Usually some very fine works displayed.

Pat

#12 rampman Dec 29, 2011 11:34 PM

Do they sell weather stations there?

#13 wingspan100 Dec 30, 2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crxmanpat (Post 20268061)
It's not really what you think Richard. More like a big hall just full of vendors selling stuff, not really showcasing new and upcoming products. There is some of that, but not like the China and European Expos.

But there are lots of display models that are out for judging. Usually some very fine works displayed.

Pat

Thanks for the heads up.
I was wanting to discover new products and manufacturers.

#14 Quiet E. Flyer Dec 30, 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rampman (Post 20268109)
Do they sell weather stations there?

I am sure they have the latest and updated "Rock-on-a-string" weather station! :rolleyes: May have added a spring to the suspending string, as it has to be more sensitive to earthquakes....since it is in Ontario, California!:D:popcorn:

#15 TBolt Dec 30, 2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet E. Flyer (Post 20268571)
I am sure they have the latest and updated "Rock-on-a-string" weather station! :rolleyes: May have added a spring to the suspending string, as it has to be more sensitive to earthquakes....since it is in Ontario, California!:D:popcorn:

back when I lived in So Cal, I used the Victor scale to measure Earthquakes, the last one in 1994 (Northridge) was rated as an Oh S:censored:T!!!

Richard, the fellas are right, not a latest and greatest stuff event, but you do see some cool stuff out there, and you sometimes run into a good deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.