RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Warbirds
        New Product HK Durafly 1100mm F4U Corsair - 6CH

#1 turbinefancy Dec 12, 2011 10:02 PM

HK Durafly 1100mm F4U Corsair - 6CH

Fully loaded with retracts, flaps and lights, this new Corsair sets a new bench mark for scale realism and performance in 1100mm (44") class. Affordably priced, too.

Flight footage starts at 3:19. The slow motion fly-bys give me goose bumps :D Enjoy!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20851

HobbyKing Skunkwerks Series - Durafly 1100 (4 min 34 sec)

#2 bouncebk2003 Dec 12, 2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbinefancy (Post 20124600)
Fully loaded with retracts, flaps and lights, this new Corsair sets a new bench mark for scale realism and performance in 1100mm (44") class. Affordably priced, too.

Flight footage starts at 3:19. The slow motion fly-bys give me goose bumps :D Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ67aC0GuJc

Oh My!! Now I already have the P-47,and I love the detail etc.I am a big fan of the P-51 and will certainly have that one in my hanger also,but look at that Corsair! Wow! Is that a chin scoop I see on the cowl?! And drop tanks! Perfect.I must have this Corsair,and my honest feeling is that it's the best detailed one I have seen so far in pic's.I am watching the flight footage over and over.The realism is about as close as it gets.I gotta have that Corsair too!I really hope this line continues!!

#3 P 51 Jockey Dec 12, 2011 11:15 PM

It's crap....the tail is way too big. :p

#4 bouncebk2003 Dec 12, 2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P 51 Jockey (Post 20125090)

I'm not so sure.It's hard to tell with the short views on the video.I will concede that the hinge line is off,and that coupled with the light blue paint at the tip might give it the appearance of being larger than it is.Won't really know for sure till we get one in hand.I just went online and ordered the P-51,and I'll get a look at the Corsair after I order it as soon as it's available:)And yes,the flaps only have one segment that is operable,but it can be fixed if so desired.I still want it.

#5 turbinefancy Dec 13, 2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P 51 Jockey (Post 20125090)

You must mean this one:
http://site.bananahobby.com/retail/largepics/2195/8.jpg

I understand your frustration, that "thing's" got a sail for a vertical tail:p.

The Durafly Corsair's tail though looks about right except the pointy top on the vertical stab.

#6 spiteful54 Dec 13, 2011 01:00 AM

that one is 1700 mm...or 63 "......big difference.....must be similar though

#7 gchrisgo34 Dec 13, 2011 01:41 AM

"Parkzone Lookout", i think this is great. i love these new planes. these are the size i like and most of all, you cant beat the price! they have a lot more details than parkzone and hopefully, this will prompt parkzone to "get on the ball". weve been asking for rotating retracts and better details for awhile now. i think these new planes are going to do a lot of good things for the RC market all around

#8 P 51 Jockey Dec 13, 2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbinefancy (Post 20125328)
You must mean this one:
http://site.bananahobby.com/retail/largepics/2195/8.jpg

I understand your frustration, that "thing's" got a sail for a vertical tail:p.

The Durafly Corsair's tail though looks about right except the pointy top on the vertical stab.

I'm joking....taken from the PZ Spitfire thread.

I think they look great! I really don't understand all the nit picking here. I can't build that equivelant for under $200. If you can, then start building.

#9 Banjofrog Dec 13, 2011 07:11 AM

Damn it Scott sooo much choice, arrrgh but what a choice :D
The slow fly by's gave me goose bumps as well. 1100mm is a fantastic size to boot or but in the boot ;).

Beautiful keep um coming. Would of made a great chrissy presie. :p

Shaun. :)

#10 BinbinDesbois Dec 13, 2011 07:26 AM

Nice bird ! My only complain is about the flaps not being splitted, and the tail wheel not retracting, but if it's the same price as the P-51D ( 130$ ), I would forgive these issues.

#11 FieldofDreamsFlyer Dec 13, 2011 09:56 AM

Would be nice to have HobbyKing at Model Shows like the AMA and etc. They would make a killing selling stuff

#12 Banjofrog Dec 15, 2011 04:11 AM

It's here :D

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

Oh boy now can I get it delivered before chrissy :rolleyes:

Shaun:)

#13 Strongbow Dec 15, 2011 05:06 AM

Just pulled the trigger on this bird. Was going to wait for it to hit the U.S warehouse, but with no guarantee as to when it might make there, I figured, get it now or have a very long wait. I can now give my PZ Corsair a long needed rest.

#14 Banjofrog Dec 15, 2011 07:23 AM

Me too have just ordered, cant wait. :D

Shaun. :)

#15 Downsouth Dec 15, 2011 08:43 AM

Guess i'll be a part of the guinea pig club also :D Just placed my order. I wanted to get the P-51 but i don't have a Corsair in the hangar yet and this is the perfect size. Im a PZ guy but i love retracts. Thats the only reason why i don't own a PZ corsair. I hated to spend the extra money to get it shipped but there ain't no telling when it will hit the US warehouse.