RC Groups

RC Groups
    Large Scale Cars
        Build Log New Rc kart

#1 Mr.Fixit Dec 06, 2011 08:55 PM

New Rc kart

3 Attachment(s)
This is my new kart below. I was hoping someone could tell me what servo I'll be needing to finish my build. It came with esc, motor and radio installed. I thought I had one that would fit but its to large. Could one of the drivers here help me out?

#2 rbpracing Dec 06, 2011 09:11 PM

A big welcome fixit. Nice looking kart! Theres a couple other Interstate karts running around besides your to. Your looks different however. Ok first off be sure to hook up your esc and servos in the right channels into your receiver. Normally with a build like yours they do not plug in radio and electrical gear during transit. When it comes to servos? Use a metal gear servo if your going to race it. MG servos will offer better handling at the track. Do me a favor and contact Robert down at Team Edge. He'll hook you up with any info you need. Also contact JB about your radio. He handles the upgrades on them.

Mitch

#3 dmonster Dec 07, 2011 02:53 PM

Welcome Mrfixit. Nice kart. Make sure you get the new offset tires. You'll be hating life on the tracks with those stock capped tires. Servos are easy to install. There should be two predrilled holes in the pillars of the center console. Be sure to use the rubber servo bushings along with the brass spacers that comes with the servo. It took me days to figure out where the servo goes. One of the guys finally told me about the drilled holes. Who to know. You should be able to get a servo at your local hobby shop in case Robert doesn't have one in stock. He may not due to the holiday orders. See what metal geared servos he has.

D'

#4 Mr.Fixit Dec 07, 2011 08:34 PM

Their sending one out tomorrow. I guess it was stupid for me not to buy one. I have to wait now till next week to drive it. Thanks for your help guys.

#5 CeriJonston Dec 07, 2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit (Post 20080931)
Their sending one out tomorrow. I guess it was stupid for me not to buy one. I have to wait now till next week to drive it. Thanks for your help guys.

Why didn't you get one?

Ceri

#6 djskiptonic Dec 08, 2011 08:27 PM

Nice to see some newbies in here for a change. Welcome Mr. Fixit. I see your planning to race stock? Where will you be racing at?

JB

#7 Toby Warren Dec 08, 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit (Post 20071828)
This is my new kart below. I was hoping someone could tell me what servo I'll be needing to finish my build. It came with esc, motor and radio installed. I thought I had one that would fit but its to large. Could one of the drivers here help me out?

Nice kart there Fixit. Welcome.

Toby

#8 1fastrckart Dec 08, 2011 09:00 PM

Welcome aboard Fixit!

#9 Mr.Fixit Dec 09, 2011 10:34 AM

Thanks everyone for the greetings. For starters I plan on racing in your stock class. Is there a race schedule posted anywhere?

#10 DoubleTrouble Dec 10, 2011 11:45 AM

Here another one for you Fixit:) If you've any questions post them.

Double Trouble

#11 EatenDirt Dec 11, 2011 05:02 PM

Welcome MrFixit.

Eatendirt

#12 Toby Warren Dec 12, 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit (Post 20071828)

Did you get your servo in?

Toby

#13 bigdonald Dec 12, 2011 01:54 PM

Hows the kart MFI? Way cool isn't? Wait till you break it out on a track. The thing is so silly simple but way fun to drive.

#14 JeffGmann Dec 13, 2011 08:24 AM

Glad to meet you Mr.Fixit. Hope to see you on the track.

#15 rcphreak Dec 14, 2011 05:41 AM

im guessing this is a terc stock kart ????