RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk
        Discussion Anybody heading to AMA Expo? Jan 6,7 & 8

#1 Ron101 Dec 06, 2011 05:06 PM

Anybody heading to AMA Expo? Jan 6,7 & 8
 
My friend and I are heading down to the AMA Expo, along with a group of friends from the field (livermore flying electorns)

Pretty excited to finally get to make it down there! It's always very bad timing with the holidays, but I got it worked out and we are booked to go. I'll be sure to snap photos of anything EDF related and report back.

Anyone from the EDF world heading down? if so I hope to see you there and say hi... if you see my bald head make sure you say hi :D

Here is a really nice video from last year that got me really excited to be going! Hope to see you there. Should be a nice group of us there on Saturday morning, come join us... looking forward to saying hi to many of the vendors I buy from and meeting new ones also.

Nitroplanes At The AMA EXPO 2011 Academy of Model Aeronautics (5 min 59 sec)

#2 Fast_Eddy Dec 06, 2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron101 (Post 20069800)
My friend and I are heading down to the AMA Expo, along with a group of friends from the field (livermore flying electorns)

Pretty excited to finally get to make it down there! It's always very bad timing with the holidays, but I got it worked out and we are booked to go. I'll be sure to snap photos of anything EDF related and report back.

Anyone from the EDF world heading down? if so I hope to see you there and say hi... if you see my bald head make sure you say hi :D

Here is a really nice video from last year that got me really excited to be going! Hope to see you there. Should be a nice group of us there on Saturday morning, come join us... looking forward to saying hi to many of the vendors I buy from and meeting new ones also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkZS7iUGegE



I'm going, and bringing a fully loaded CC with me too!:D:D:D:D

#3 JimDrew Dec 07, 2011 08:33 AM

We will be there with many of our large EDF planes as well as the turbine Victory. Booths 322, 324, and 326.

#4 bri6672 Dec 07, 2011 09:22 AM

Sheppard and I will be there, got to hit up the XPS booth and razz Jim :)

#5 JimDrew Dec 07, 2011 09:38 AM

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

#6 turbonut Dec 07, 2011 09:39 AM

will be there as soon as the doors open on friday

#7 Ron101 Dec 07, 2011 11:46 AM

Right on guys! hope to see some of you there
I'll swing by and give Jim hell :D

#8 SCALEFAN Dec 07, 2011 12:35 PM

If I go, I will be looking for Ron and his herd of sheep, should be easy to find. LOL

My advice to all the sheep....Bring Money, not to buy planes, but supplies and batteries.

#9 Ron101 Dec 07, 2011 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

If I go, I will be looking for Ron and his herd of sheep, should be easy to find. LOL

My advice to all the sheep....Bring Money, not to buy planes, but supplies and batteries.
Hey Al!
you better come down and hang out... will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning until maybe 1:00 or 2:00.
Sheep? no sheep my friend.. I'm married :D

Hey just don't bring any of your so called scale pilots to sell me like at California Jets...lol

#10 SCALEFAN Dec 07, 2011 04:39 PM

Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back. :eek:

#11 neversommer Dec 07, 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCALEFAN (Post 20078903)
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back. :eek:

LMAO!!!!!

Besides it is Neversommer my friend :)

But seriously...you really crack me up dude!

See you guys in Ontario :)

Ron, can't wait to finally "meat" you :)

NS.

#12 AIR SALLY Dec 07, 2011 06:43 PM

:eek::eek::eek::confused::o:popcorn:

#13 Ron101 Dec 07, 2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
Now that was a good one :D:p

NS, Al is a character for sure... funny as hell

#14 SCALEFAN Dec 08, 2011 08:59 AM

To me, this is a match made in heaven, love at the first picture. Neversommer makes a connection with a friend, and gets lots of advice in the process.

And both you guys don't have to be in prison in order to make a connection.:eek:


Ron, my advice, grow a straggly beard and never stop short.

#15 TTRotary Dec 08, 2011 06:36 PM

I'll go unless my wife chains me to the bed in my sleep. Given that I tend to enjoy my grape-based libations as much as Scalefan appears to, I am essentially totally unprotected once in slumber mode.

I'd like to meet some faces, so perhaps we could arrange a meet area. I also considered wearing a tag with my RCgroup name... otherwise, if you see a bald, chunky, 5'11 pissed off looking guy walking around, that's probably me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.