RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro Cars
        Cool smallest micro guness world record

#1 rcphreak Nov 08, 2011 09:46 PM

smallest micro guness world record
 
World's smallest RC 4x4 Vehicle / Guinness Worlds Records (1 min 27 sec)

#2 SporadicIdiocy Nov 08, 2011 10:13 PM

In the words of Will Smith...

I feel like I'm gonna break this thing!

#3 zanek Nov 12, 2011 11:41 PM

Man that is cool. Do you know how he made them?

#4 rcphreak Nov 13, 2011 09:59 AM

not yet but i do know this is not the only one .

#5 onequiknova Nov 24, 2011 06:45 PM

That's not the smallest, at least not anymore. I saw a video of a 1:87 4x4 Volkswagen Touareg. I'll see if I can find it.

#6 onequiknova Nov 24, 2011 06:47 PM

Never mind, looks like it's only two wheel drive.

Here it is

VW Touareg RC 1/87 (9 min 10 sec)

#7 derk Nov 29, 2011 07:42 PM

this is whats known as table top truck trials, its a branch off from model trains, hence why its all in HO scale. it really started when someone decided he wanted cars that would drive around his little train set, so he designed the Fhaller car system (or something similar at an earlier date)
these used magnets to steer the vehicle and a battery pack to drive them around the town in the train set. from there people inevitably used these parts to make micro rc vehicles. most at the time were large military or emergency rigs, but as time progressed, they got smaller and smaller. smallest to date that i am aware of is the volvo at 1:160th scale
Mikromodell 1:160 PKW remote control (0 min 35 sec)

but by now, this may have been beaten.
so as they have progressed, this basically became a niche somewhere between rock crawling, and model trains.
some day i will buy one of Andreas Rackels kits and build one for myself, but its not cheap.
most chaps are building it all by hand like in the video above of Andreas Rackel :)

#8 pilatus mike Dec 03, 2011 01:49 PM

Those are so impressive, really nice the way the suspension works. You mentioned Andreas Rackel kits, do you have a link to the available kits? Thanks

#9 derk Dec 04, 2011 09:24 PM

they are not cheap, not easy to build as they are soo small, and the instructions are all in german. however they are well documented, so may not be that difficult to understand.
i am sure i will order from him one of these days :) http://www.mzr-online.com/

#10 JSS4 Dec 07, 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onequiknova (Post 19963570)
Never mind, looks like it's only two wheel drive.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUMZq4Sgo_0

I want one of those! it would be a blast to drive indoors in the Canadian Winter;)

#11 Plantraco Oct 10, 2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derk (Post 20053322)
they are not cheap, not easy to build as they are soo small, and the instructions are all in german. however they are well documented, so may not be that difficult to understand.
i am sure i will order from him one of these days :) http://www.mzr-online.com/

This is an old thread, but I thought I would mention here that Plantraco has produced a new iPhone controlled micro r/c car. It's call the ZenWheels Micro Car, and they are in some ways similar to TTTT table top truck trials vehicles. Not quite 1/87 scale, but they do have a nice servo based rack and pinion steering and a nice smooth throttle for tight maneuvering.

They are 2 wheel drive and a lot of fun to drive on the desktop. There are a few cool features as well such as functional signal lights and even a timing gate system that keeps track of autocross laps!

Check them out at http://www.zenwheels.com or http://www.microflight.com

Videos here:

http://zenwheels.com/video.html

#12 rcphreak Oct 10, 2012 05:10 PM

verry cool love the steering wish it was a bit quicker though .

#13 Plantraco Oct 11, 2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcphreak (Post 22966024)
verry cool love the steering wish it was a bit quicker though .

Yeah, of course it would be great to have super crazy speed available. But you can go fast enough to get yourself in trouble in a heartbeat when you are driving on a kitchen table, so in practice, this car is plenty fast.

The proof would be to have a race with the built-in timing system, and I'll give you a car with a lower reduction propulsion gearbox, and I'll drive the stock ZenWheels car. You will be way off course, but I will be driving the course with precision and will win the time trial race.

Sometimes you gotta slow down to go faster :) Choosing your line around the cones is critical when you know the limits of your ride. You can vicariously learn proper autocross driving technique by driving the ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car.

I was actually going to write an article about how to drive faster in Autocross events ( it's another hobby of mine ), and was going to make a sales pitch to sell Autocross enthusiasts our new ZenWheels Micro car.

Patience Patience, is what my solo pro instructors always told me through the long constant radius turns. Feel the rubber on the pavement, feel the seat, smooth on the wheel, smooth on the throttle. When a guy in a 1976 Corolla beats the Porsche 911, you know it's the driver!

This is what you can learn by checking out the ZenWheels Micro Car from Plantraco

Here is a bit of haphazard driving:

http://zenwheels.com/video.html

#14 Plantraco Oct 11, 2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcphreak (Post 22966024)
verry cool love the steering wish it was a bit quicker though .

Also I was gonna say - did you get one? I want some guys from here to buy the car and start looking at modifications.

There is a safety slip clutch mechanism to protect the gearbox from small children who always like to force push the car along the ground. It's an instinct that every 3 year old has when he picks up a small car - you wanna roll it along the ground! haha. So we put this crown gear slip clutch thing with a spring to hold it tight, but you know, if you try rock climbing with the ZenWheels Micro Car, you are going to notice that the clutch starts to slip. The solution is fairly simple, and I might modify the plastics tooling to allow the end users to put a drop of CA and solidify the clutch as if it were one piece of plastic. Then you would get 2000% more torque - enough to do some rock climbing on a micro scale. Those Table Top Truck Trials of the last 10 years is probably what got me into this sport. Actually I was really stoked about Akura2 who showed me his cool TTTT at the LA hobby show several years back. We were showing off our micro model aircraft like the Carbon Butterfly, and he came by and showed me his awesome TTTT build. It was great to see. Well, that's what we manufactured now. I wanna share the joy with you, so I hope all you guys here will buy a few ZenWheels Micro cars and have some fun!

#15 x5252x Oct 11, 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plantraco (Post 22969750)
Also I was gonna say - did you get one? I want some guys from here to buy the car and start looking at modifications.

There is a safety slip clutch mechanism to protect the gearbox from small children who always like to force push the car along the ground. It's an instinct that every 3 year old has when he picks up a small car - you wanna roll it along the ground! haha. So we put this crown gear slip clutch thing with a spring to hold it tight, but you know, if you try rock climbing with the ZenWheels Micro Car, you are going to notice that the clutch starts to slip. The solution is fairly simple, and I might modify the plastics tooling to allow the end users to put a drop of CA and solidify the clutch as if it were one piece of plastic. Then you would get 2000% more torque - enough to do some rock climbing on a micro scale. Those Table Top Truck Trials of the last 10 years is probably what got me into this sport. Actually I was really stoked about Akura2 who showed me his cool TTTT at the LA hobby show several years back. We were showing off our micro model aircraft like the Carbon Butterfly, and he came by and showed me his awesome TTTT build. It was great to see. Well, that's what we manufactured now. I wanna share the joy with you, so I hope all you guys here will buy a few ZenWheels Micro cars and have some fun!

Well if you wanted to send a sample over I'm sure I could cause some mayhem with it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.