RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion Drones Hacked, gulp

#1 Aaron 1 Oct 07, 2011 11:09 PM

Drones Hacked, gulp
 
The Predator drones controlled out of Creech AF Base has a virus. Reports claim its a key logger and it was discovered two weeks ago but can't be cleared. The computer system is a common PC.

Someday our Govt is really gonna do us in with lack of computer security on critical items.

#2 CoastalFlyer Oct 07, 2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron 1 (Post 19534422)
The Predator drones controlled out of Creech AF Base has a virus. Reports claim its a key logger and it was discovered two weeks ago but can't be cleared. The computer system is a common PC.

Someday our Govt is really gonna do us in with lack of computer security on critical items.

Do you have a link to this story?

What on earth makes you think they have a "lack of computer security on critical items". I can assure you this is not the case. Is any system infallible? No.

#3 DT56 Oct 07, 2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

This business will get out of control! It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it!
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...omputer-virus/

#4 checkenbach Oct 08, 2011 12:55 AM

Terminator 2012- coming to a theater near you.

#5 DT56 Oct 08, 2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkenbach (Post 19535036)
Terminator 2012- coming to a theater near you.

And when the drones start accidentally blowing up government critics, it can now be blamed on hackers ......................... which everyone knows all work for George Bush.

#6 leccyflyer Oct 08, 2011 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DT56 (Post 19534641)
Quote:
This business will get out of control! It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it!

Good HFRO quote.
Seldom seen, always appreciated. :cool:

#7 Park_Flyer Oct 08, 2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leccyflyer (Post 19535571)
Good HFRO quote.
Seldom seen, always appreciated. :cool:

My wife and I refer to that movie as "One Ping Only".

#8 ENGINETORQUE Oct 08, 2011 08:21 AM

Government computer security is not secure

Who knew....................

#9 CashRC Oct 08, 2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park_Flyer (Post 19535922)
My wife and I refer to that movie as "One Ping Only".

"and we'll move to Montana, and raise rabbits":)

#10 FrogChief Oct 08, 2011 09:33 PM

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . his sleep brings dreams of home.”

#11 Twizter68 Oct 09, 2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogChief (Post 19541423)
“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . his sleep brings dreams of home.”

"Welcome to the New World, Captain."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.