RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scale Fuel Planes
        Build Log IKON N'west Cessna Airmaster

#1 TomCrump Sep 28, 2011 02:51 PM

IKON N'west Cessna Airmaster

4 Attachment(s)
One kit that I've always wanted to build, is an IKON Cessna Airmaster. I had searched for the kit, the last couple of years, when an RC Groups member contacted me, saying that he had one for sale.

After a short negotiation, we came to terms, and the kit was on it's way.

Some of you may know that I've just completed a Hostetler Cessna 195. The Airmaster is the predecessor of the 195, and is similar in appearance. The most obvious difference is that the 195 has aluminum skin, and the Airmaster is fabric covered.

After 20 years, my Celotex surfaced building board needed some help. I removed the Celotex, and laid down a sheet of homasote.

After that, it was time to pull out the plans, and start building this 1/4 scale, 104" beauty ! :)

At first glance, the plans look like they would be easy to build from. After I began construction of the fuselage, it became apparent that some details, shown on the plans, would benefit from the use of an instruction booklet. Unfortunately, my kit did not contain one.

I've contacted the seller, and he is currently ripping apart his house, looking for the booklet. :rolleyes:

This brings me to a request. Assuming that the instruction booklet is MIA, would any one have one they'd be willing to sell, or make a copy of ?

So far, with the help of my friend, Terry White, I have most of one fuselage side in a framed condition. Here are a few pics og a 195, an Airmaster, and my progress to date.

#2 4075aaron Sep 28, 2011 03:22 PM

Another gem in the making! :popcorn:

#3 don olsen Sep 28, 2011 03:41 PM

Ok I will join just to be a pest,Its what im good at

#4 Deuce Sep 28, 2011 04:01 PM

:popcorn:

#5 TomCrump Sep 28, 2011 04:32 PM

Thanks guys !

This model will be built to what I call "Flyin Scale." Most likely it will include rib stitching and tapes, maybe a nice instrument panel, but no complete interior. She'll be covered in Solartex, and most likely be painted with Rustoleum.

I want this to be a model that I will fly. I have enough models, just sitting here, looking pretty. LOL

#6 Wilian Amaral Sep 28, 2011 06:51 PM

Yaaay! more entertainment for meee!!! lol

I'm with Don supporting this build with ATA boys.

Good luck with this build, Tom! I hope to help you glue some sticks in march!

#7 Captainhook1 Sep 28, 2011 07:32 PM

Subscribed! ;)

#8 my c210 Sep 28, 2011 08:24 PM

subb'd

#9 Crowfly Sep 29, 2011 01:49 AM

:D:popcorn:

#10 georgewaldrop Sep 29, 2011 02:44 AM

Subscribed! :D:popcorn:

#11 wattmeter Sep 29, 2011 05:55 AM

Subscribed!
wattmeter

#12 TomCrump Sep 29, 2011 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow ! What a great response !

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your support.

Wil; If all goes as planned, March will be too late for gluing sticks. You may be here just around the time that I'm painting.

At least I promise not to drag you out to that frozen beach, to take pictures ! LOL

#13 Wilian Amaral Sep 29, 2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomCrump (Post 19453453)
Wow ! What a great response !

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your support.

Wil; If all goes as planned, March will be too late for gluing sticks. You may be here just around the time that I'm painting.

At least I promise not to drag you out to that frozen beach, to take pictures ! LOL

For a guy who had never seen snow before, I had a ball! Why don't you make a Cessna Airmaster with winter camo??? :rolleyes:

I'll have my visa interview in december. As soon as I know something about it I let you know!

#14 TomCrump Sep 29, 2011 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wil, This time, I'll teach you how to run a snow blower ! LOL

Keep me informed. We'll have pizza and cherry pie waiting for you.

#15 mamethot Sep 29, 2011 07:57 AM

:popcorn: Subscribed! :popcorn:

3 maidens next year? Nice!