RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)
        Wanted An inexpensive 4 or 6 channel Tx with trainer port for Sim use.

#1 dafremen Sep 26, 2011 09:06 AM

An inexpensive 4 or 6 channel Tx with trainer port for Sim use.

Hi,

I recently moved away from coaxials to fixed-pitch helis. Winter's coming up and I'd like to put in some sim time while it's cold outside. Unfortunately, the TX on my MSR Clone doesn't have a trainer port, and Realflight won't work with the USB "two stick joystick" type controllers.

If anyone has a 4 (or 6) channel Tx with a trainer port that they're willing to part with, it would be appreciated. We don't have a lot of $$ to spend(and still afford replacement parts ;) ), but we DO make what they are calling the best chocolate in Michigan ("Brownie On A Stick")..so if the cost is more than we have in $$ we'd be willing to make it up in cocoa butter chocolates. :D

All assistance is appreciated as I am officially obsessed with helicopters.

Thanks and God Bless,

daf

#2 Druss Sep 26, 2011 04:47 PM

Realflight will only work with its own controller. You can't just use any controller. The program looks for a true real flight controller when booting up and will not work unless its present.

#3 dafremen Sep 26, 2011 08:07 PM

Does PHoenix have the same issues? If so, I got bamboozled. Fortunately (?!) it was only $100 for both..guess I should have known something was up. Sigh.

Still looking for that Tx. Old, new, great, cruddy, covered in stickers and/or cat hair..doesn't matter to me. As long as it works with a trainer cable and now..PHOENIX simulator I guess.

Thanks for the heads up,

daf

#4 Druss Sep 26, 2011 08:33 PM

Nope, phoenix is fine, just need the right cable. Don't have phoenix myself so no idea but I do have an RTF radio that I can sell. It's an old Esky 72mhz one from a king2. Send me a pm if interested.

Here is a list of supported Tx's and whether an adaptor is required.

http://www.phoenix-simv3.com/support.asp

#5 dafremen Sep 28, 2011 10:33 AM

Sent that Pm awhile back Druss. Hope everything's ok with you.

Still looking for an inexpensive TX with trainer port for Phoenix sim.

Thanks,

daf