RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Talk
        Discussion Where can i find one of these that can handle good weight

#1 krth8 Sep 21, 2011 05:55 AM

Where can i find one of these that can handle good weight

I want one of these to carry my Canon 5d wich with the lens weighs about 3 pounds.

Does anyone have a clue of where i can find a ready to fly or build set i can buy?

#2 timecop Sep 21, 2011 06:02 AM

Do you have over $9000?

#3 krth8 Sep 21, 2011 06:13 AM

Hehe no.

i was checking out this one wich can handle the weight.

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...roducts_id=561

its alot cheaper than 9k but still pretty expensive.

Are there any fuel driven copters that can carry this weight?

#4 timecop Sep 21, 2011 06:15 AM

It won't be much cheaper.
Your link is a KIT.
You will receive a bunch of unmarked boards in ziplock bags and zero instructions.
Good luck.

#5 krth8 Sep 21, 2011 06:39 AM

hmm ok..

What about a slolution like this?

Compress Media R.C.Helicam (2 min 56 sec)

Still very expensive?

#6 Centurion1 Sep 21, 2011 07:02 AM

yes . and tougher to learn to fly

#7 Tarro Sep 21, 2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krth8 (Post 19377555)
I want one of these to carry my Canon 5d wich with the lens weighs about 3 pounds.

Does anyone have a clue of where i can find a ready to fly or build set i can buy?

Do you mind if I ask if you even know what "one of these" is called and do you know how to fly one of those?;)

#8 timecop Sep 21, 2011 07:19 AM

I figured he meant "one of these multi-rotor helis" :)

#9 krth8 Sep 22, 2011 01:29 AM

Hehe, thats what i meant. I can say that i am new to this, thats why i was looking at multirotor helis because the look easyer to fly.

I looked at these 2 wich has a fairly good price ass well.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8820749717

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/A...s-p/ac-hex.htm

What do you think?

#10 SeismicCWave Sep 22, 2011 04:00 AM

>>What do you think?<<

I think you should spend a couple of hundred dollars and get yourself a flight simulator for your computer first.

#11 TeeJayBee Sep 22, 2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeismicCWave (Post 19387439)
>>What do you think?<<

I think you should spend a couple of hundred dollars and get yourself a flight simulator for your computer first.

What he said

If you want to haul a heavy camera into the air you have a very steep learning curve ahead of you, the path will be paved with horro stories and tears but don't let that put you off
Listen to the experienced guys (the one's who are willing to help rather than look down their noses and sneer)

The problem is that the videos always make it look easy, in truth it is far from easy

You need to have your aims mapped out as precise as you can then set off on the learning curve

Questions to ask yourself...

Are you going to be attempting professional aerial videography or is it just a hobby thing

What enviroment do you intend to fly in, i.e. open fields, urban, congested areas

What country do you intend to do this in (yes it's riddled with very restrictive laws in most countries)

Tips
No one platform is best suited to all types of videography
Multirotors do have advantages and disadvantages, for example they're not great in the wind and orientation (seeing which way it's facing from a distance) is a big problem
If you can learn to fly a collective pitch helicopter you'll be OK (but that will take a couple of years) DON'T rush out and buy a CP heli yet, it will most definately end horribly
For learning, keep your outlay as low as possible, buy cheap little helis to play with

Join a local club
Get some tuition
Get a Simulator then see CptJac on the beginners heli section of this forum
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234396

Have fun, don't let the stuck up folk put you off

#12 krth8 Sep 22, 2011 07:00 AM

Well. i have maybe 20 hours of simulator training on the computer.

I only want this to be a hobby to make cool little sequences of film. And offcourse train in a open field without camera before i dare mount anything.

And thanks for good advices TeeJayBee!

#13 MalaysianFlyer Sep 22, 2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krth8 (Post 19377555)

If your located in the US, try quadrocopter.us for a ready built system and flight training

#14 timecop Sep 22, 2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalaysianFlyer (Post 19388106)
If your located in the US, try quadrocopter.us for a ready built system and flight training

Ya that's waht I linked him to and he wasn't interested cuz it was over $9000. ^_-

#15 hexa Sep 22, 2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timecop (Post 19388383)
Ya that's waht I linked him to and he wasn't interested cuz it was over $9000. ^_-

I thought you said Mk wasn't safe for lifting expensive cameras.
Are you now crossing over to the mother land, or is it you sending the bloke down a path of doom.