RC Groups

RC Groups
    Slope
        Cool Bluff Cove Action

#1 Bluffinator Sep 20, 2011 12:07 PM

Bluff Cove Action

We have a regular flying session at Bluff Cove every Sunday. Below is a youtube video from last Sunday. We were messing around with launching foamy drones from a Wanderer and trying to take them out (wind was light). Well much to our surprise we had WAY more fun than we thought possible.

Even better the whole thing was caught on video with our little keychain cameras. Hope you enjoy...

Bluff Cove_Drone_Midair.mp4 (5 min 12 sec)

#2 codezilla Sep 20, 2011 12:21 PM

That Wanderer crash was cool LOL.

Where is Bluff Cove anyways?

Adrian

#3 screamin' eagle Sep 20, 2011 12:40 PM

Some serious boredom happening there...

#4 Big Gas Sep 20, 2011 01:17 PM

Famous last words:

"You got any Zap?"

"Oooohhg."

Just last week I was launching my daughter's chuck glider from my 60" wing held on by tape. The release was a surprise. Must be something in the air. Lots of fun.

#5 bluffman Sep 20, 2011 01:42 PM

This was so much fun,thanks morri for editing the video and supplying the drone's and wanderer.Can't wait for the big winds to come. Ian

#6 rick.benjamin Sep 20, 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codezilla (Post 19370094)
That Wanderer crash was cool LOL.

Where is Bluff Cove anyways?

Adrian

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bluff+...ed=0CB4Q8gEwAA

#7 codezilla Sep 20, 2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick.benjamin (Post 19370876)

Got it thanks. I guess I'll drop by one of the Sundays and join the locals. Looks like a less intimidating landing that Fermin, but I may be wrong.

Adrian

#8 Bluffinator Sep 20, 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codezilla (Post 19371149)
Got it thanks. I guess I'll drop by one of the Sundays and join the locals. Looks like a less intimidating landing that Fermin, but I may be wrong.

Adrian

You should come join us we have a great mix of regulars who are there most Sundays. As far as less intimidating than Fermin? That depends on how hard it's blowing. In big wind the landing area gets very small very fast. If you get your Cobra finished relatively soon we can maiden them at Bluff!

Morri

#9 codezilla Sep 20, 2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluffinator (Post 19371257)
You should come join us we have a great mix of regulars who are there most Sundays. As far as less intimidating than Fermin? That depends on how hard it's blowing. In big wind the landing area gets very small very fast. If you get your Cobra finished relatively soon we can maiden them at Bluff!

Morris

Yeah, I'm looking at 1-2 months to finish it. Just finished sanding and rounding the tails. I'll probably bag them today.

Adrian

#10 Old Fart Sep 20, 2011 02:54 PM

Have to wait until I get home to view it properly - hard to do on a Blackberry. But I know it was a blast to watch in person :)

#11 SumthinsFishy Sep 20, 2011 02:58 PM

That was cool! I need to come out there sometimes...
Dave

#12 stevenmurrell Sep 20, 2011 03:35 PM

New thread!

Just jumping on in.......lol

Adrian,
On a good day there is an incredible amount of lift and you try figuring out where it is all coming from, because the bowl you are flying in just isn't that big............but your plane just keeps going up, and up, and up......
Then you finally turn around and notice that you are in a little bowl at the bottom of a MUCH BIGGER BOWL...................

I got to warn the LM guys, if you come out and they are all flying the little fish (I forget what it is actually called but the local guys should know the one I'm talking about), you're going to want one!

#13 Bluffinator Sep 20, 2011 03:53 PM

Regarding the first Midair...

We were just fooling around trying to take-out the Drone with our wings once it was released from the Wanderer. Ian was flying the Drone up to altitude but we had a lul and he had to make a couple low passes. Well I got bored and was doing a couple "staright-in" loops. My wing center punched the Drone on the down-side of the loop, a one in a million shot! I didn't even see the Wanderer until the last second but as you can see in the video I hit the little foamy dead-center. No damage was done to the Wanderer except a little tear in the monokote. We were all totally amazed as we missed on every attempt to hit the Drone once released, it was only hit while still on the Wanderer!

Too much fun...

Morri

#14 Old Fart Sep 20, 2011 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, Morri didn't even give my fish a chance to come down for a bite on that drone.

And Steve - you're right - Ferocious Fish are addictive :D

#15 bluffman Sep 20, 2011 06:59 PM

The bowl at bluff is much bigger than fermin, and if its blowing 25 plus i would much prefer to fly there. Ian